Well E3 is over...

Now what? Hmm…

What the hell was with the tween products? Weakest thing probably of this year. They got the “core” thing down but had to add something that will be financially successful in the adolescent market no matter what? Next year they are gonna announce a Twilight game. Ugh…

They could have avoided that all together and can make things like the Ubisoft conference less boring.

Nothing could make the Ubisoft conference less boring…Not even dogs on tricycles juggling flaming torches and singing “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.

I didn’t even watch the James Cameron part but from reading blogs, it was boring as fuck.

I forsee no end to the tween crap. Ever.

We’ll have to learn to suck it up…

Well I think you’re seeing a boost on the “casual” front largely because Nintendo drove home the point that you can release products with midget animals and famous toy icons, and make insane amounts of money for very little effort.

That’s why we have EA Girls now. Littlest Pet Shop Online is about to take the tween world by storm.

Now we wait for TGS…errr NVM considering how terrible TGS was last year…

Now we wait for Games Convention in Lepizig.

I’m still trying to sort through E3 coverage. IGN clusteredfucked the PSP section on the E3 site and I still don’t even know details from Namco. -_-

Also 12 y/o girls need games to play too. I bet if I was a 12 y/o girl I’d be happy with all those tween products. Nothing like teasing some hair with a Wii-mote

It’s just odd to announce such things there but as it’s not a expo dedicated to the Modern Warfares and the Metal Gears, it makes sense but it seems it will do just fine without any formal announcement. If the games appear at a local Wal-Mart and a 10 year old girl sees a cute puppy being blocked by cute text, they will sell big.

But that should be the time that a fantasy castle land full of unicorns and non-infamous monarchy is a lie and this is real fucking life yo aiight!!!

The sad part about that is that it works.

I can tell you from experience that stereotypical marketing works. I can’t count the number of unsure-dads, moms, grandparents, and kids themselves who come in and pick up a game like the Imagine or Dreamer series just because the packaging seems to fit the demographic for that set audience.

Even if I’m asked, “What game would be good for my daughter?” and even if I say, “Well a Mario game fits anyone of any age…”, they will still pick a Petz or Imagine game over it just because the Mario game packaging doesn’t have the “tween” characteristics.

[quote=“Kumiko”]The sad part about that is that it works.

I can tell you from experience that stereotypical marketing works. I can’t count the number of unsure-dads, moms, grandparents, and kids themselves who come in and pick up a game like the Imagine or Dreamer series just because the packaging seems to fit the demographic for that set audience.

Even if I’m asked, “What game would be good for my daughter?” and even if I say, “Well a Mario game fits anyone of any age…”, they will still pick a Petz or Imagine game over it just because the Mario game packaging doesn’t have the “tween” characteristics.[/quote]
That’s where I am thinking that you are right on how the gaming industry is still young. More time added and there would be more people understanding video games as most of us are of Generation Y with our perks and our parents who have their own generational characteristics; a barrier of sorts.

I imagine we will be like the parents who doesn’t have enough knowledge towards some new medium.

I think our perception of it is much worse than the resulting effect or impact that occurs on the child. I remember loving all sorts of shovelware as a child because I didn’t have refined taste, I wasn’t jaded, and I was going based mostly off of my imagination.

When the imagination takes dominance over the quality of the product itself (which most kids can’t interpret in the first place) it makes bad games good just because you’re thinking about how cool it is that you can control the characters on your favorite Saturday morning cartoon. Yeah, the controls may be clunky and the graphics on the low res side, but as long as it looks like the thing that inspired it, these kids are happy.

They never get to that point where they contemplate development cycles and “well if they could have done this just a bit better…” And I suppose that’s why I have mixed feelings on companies like EA and Ubi Soft going for that 6-12 market. If it distracts your kid for a few hours while you do your taxes, I suppose it more or less does its job.

tween=fail

I suppose you just skipped that stage entirly, eh?

tweens more and more are a driving money demo graphic, when kids are younger it’s easier to say no, and when they are older it’s easier to tell them to use thier own money (both examples are more or less, money and kids is never easy. My 6yo son doesn’t really understand why he has to save for a DSi he wants, and why we don’t just go out and buy it for him.)

[quote=“nothere413”]I forsee no end to the tween crap. Ever.

We’ll have to learn to suck it up…[/quote]
Mass murder isn’t an option?

Not unless you’re prepared to end the human race.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Tweens?

Teenagers that are half dead that Jack Tretton wants to fuck. :wine;

[quote=“Asrugan”]I suppose you just skipped that stage entirly, eh?

tweens more and more are a driving money demo graphic, when kids are younger it’s easier to say no, and when they are older it’s easier to tell them to use thier own money (both examples are more or less, money and kids is never easy. My 6yo son doesn’t really understand why he has to save for a DSi he wants, and why we don’t just go out and buy it for him.)[/quote]

no see i meant that any game that has the word tween in its advertising deserves to die a a slow and pain filled death. Oh and I did skip that step entirely I went from kid to “get a fucking job ya bum”…tough love

:frowning:

ii actualy listen to that dudes whole speach cause i thought he was talking about the last air bender. then the next day, i found out I was the one that didnt know what the fuck he was talking about and not HIM . . . the whole damn trailer less screen less speach . . . about something i dont give a shit about . . . why would they make me do that?