The Verdict

Nintendo: B-
Better than expected, a few unexpected suprises (Metroid!) but kind of a slow start, and alot of echoing stuff already shown.

Microsoft: A-
Alot of solid titles shown off, and suprises not only in titles (MG) but also natal, a whole new dirrection for motion control.

Sony: B
Lots of time and showing for the PSP (I want the lavander Hanna Montana one!) but some good titles like MG and GT shown for it. LOTS of the PS3 stuff shown was multiplatform (kudos for giving AC2 time though) and most of the exclusives were already announced. The motion control resembles Motion Plus alot, but they’ve looked into more uses already that cater to core gamers.

Final thoughts: Motion control is obviously the future of gaming, with some using it now and some working on it. Adding this dimension to current consoles helps extend console life for the 360 and the PS3, and leaves me wondering what Nintendo will do next.

Oh, also, is Jack Trenton actually getting worse at this? I swear Cammie Dunaway is better than this now than he is. Both still come across as corperate shills, but she’s getting more comforatable, and he seems to be getting less.

I thought all did well with well no…They all did well in their own special ways. What I really like is how all console have motion control but each is unique a different from each other. Its really a cool thing to see. This E3 is most def the year of the motion control and social networking. I’m not going to give grades because well that’s how shit starts. I enjoyed them all I’m looking forward to what 2010 and beyond brings us in terms of gaming. So my final verdict is, I’m excited as hell and cant wait to get my hands on all this new tech/games. E3 IS BACK!

Personally, I’d give both Sony and MS an A. I was more impressed with Sony’s, but that’s to be expected considering I own a PS3 and not a 360, but I think they made some huge announcements. Final Fantasy XIV really sealed it for me.

I’d give the Wii a B because, near the beginning it was really crummy but it started to pick up about half way through.

I gave A- on Sony and Microsoft.

B- on Nintendo cuz of fuckin’ Virtual motion sensor.

Sony: B
They were the best this year. Even though they, like Microsoft, showed off some interesting new motion sensing tech, they clearly understood that E3 is about bringing the games. They showed a solid lineup, even if it was lacking in surprises, and gave us actual gameplay demonstrations of their heaviest hitters. AC2 is looking great and GOW3 looks beautifully brutal, if not overly simplistic.

Microsoft: C-
There were two things I really wanted to see from Microsoft at this year’s E3. Mass Effect 2 and Assassin’s Creed 2. They showed neither. Considering the little tidbits of information that have been released here and there this year leading up to E3, I was expecting something big. I wanted details about the story, I wanted to know a little bit about the party members beyond Shepard. I wanted to see the game in action. I got nothing. Crackdown 2 was a pleasant announcement, but it was in the form of a pretty subpar teaser. I was not impressed. The only game they really looked at in depth was Alan Wake. I know a lot of people are interested in it, but the fact that it’s a survival/horror title means that I automatically put it in the “shit until proven otherwise” category because of my long standing issues with the genre.

However, my main issue with Microsoft this year was that they were way too into showing off Natal, and it felt like they were more interested in showing it off than any of their games. Regardless of the future potential of the technology, that to me is not acceptable. What I have right now in my room is an Xbox 360 that I play games on. I don’t particularly care about some new piece of tech that comes in the form of a very expensive peripheral that’s still quite a ways away from having its genuine potential exploited for use in games. I wanted to see what Microsoft had for the present and the near future, and they didn’t bring it. I didn’t like what they put together.

Nintendo: D
Like Sony, they concentrated more on games than tech, and I appreciated that. Problem is, I don’t care for the stuff they showed off. The charm of their traditional first party stuff has long since worn off. With nothing at all that caught my eye, Nintendo comes in last this year.

I don’t have ready reasons but…

Microsoft: A-(92%)
Nintendo: C+ (79%)
Sony: A- (92%)

[quote=“Teh_Sarge”]

Microsoft: C-
There were two things I really wanted to see from Microsoft at this year’s E3. Mass Effect 2 and Assassin’s Creed 2. They showed neither. [/quote]

I was actually suprised Sony showed off AC2 like they did, it being multiplatform. I guess in both cases the devs were showing off the games themselves anyways at the show, and that might have led to them giving them little time in the show.

I give Ubisoft a W for words.

Sony definitely made the right move there. Microsoft’s game lineup for the year is admittedly weak compared to the previous three years, and I felt like they needed to show off all the games they could, even if they were multiplatform. The heaviest hitter they’ve got up their sleeve that’s currently confirmed as being in development is Mass Effect 2, and their press conference was a golden opportunity to shed some real light on it and give 360 owners something to look forward to. For whatever reason, they totally blew that chance.

Oh, I forgot to mention how disappointing Splinter Cell Conviction looked. I could have sworn I was looking at Drake’s Fortune At Night With Worse Graphics, because that sure as hell didn’t resemble any Splinter Cell I’ve ever played. Sam Fisher does not bust into rooms and instantly get 5 headshots. He sneaks, picks his spots, dispatches enemies one by one, and nobody ever knows he’s there unless it gives him a tactical advantage.

Wow sarge wow.

Nintendo dropped the ball AGAIN.

I don’t get it. They had a whole year. A WHOLE YEAR.

After the 2008 disaster, they should have learned their lesson, but they didn’t, really. Now, granted, it was no disaster. It was actually fairly decent. But there was little content, and the real EXCITING games didn’t even show up until the last 10 minutes of the conference.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii didn’t even look all that great. Maybe if they didn’t have 4 spastic people who had no idea what the hell they were doing, showing the game off, it might have helped.

All of the “let’s demo the games together and play off of each other and crack some jokes” feel more and more contrived each year. Ugh.

Anyhoo… Red Steel 2 looks nice from the Ubisoft conference. TMNT Smash Up doesn’t look too bad either. Metroid, Galaxy 2, obviously, are awesome.

Now, I don’t care if people have to wait for Pikmin 3 or a new Zelda, and Kid Icarus honestly was NOT a great game on the NES, so I don’t particularly care if we ever get a new one. But, dammit, where’s my GCN-delayed Kirby game?

I’m starting to miss George Harrison and Perrin Kaplan.

[quote=“spooie”]Nintendo dropped the ball AGAIN.

I don’t get it. They had a whole year. A WHOLE YEAR.

After the 2008 disaster, they should have learned their lesson, but they didn’t, really. Now, granted, it was no disaster. It was actually fairly decent. But there was little content, and the real EXCITING games didn’t even show up until the last 10 minutes of the conference.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii didn’t even look all that great. Maybe if they didn’t have 4 spastic people who had no idea what the hell they were doing, showing the game off, it might have helped.

All of the “let’s demo the games together and play off of each other and crack some jokes” feel more and more contrived each year. Ugh.

Anyhoo… Red Steel 2 looks nice from the Ubisoft conference. TMNT Smash Up doesn’t look too bad either. Metroid, Galaxy 2, obviously, are awesome.

Now, I don’t care if people have to wait for Pikmin 3 or a new Zelda, and Kid Icarus honestly was NOT a great game on the NES, so I don’t particularly care if we ever get a new one. But, dammit, where’s my GCN-delayed Kirby game?

I’m starting to miss George Harrison and Perrin Kaplan.[/quote]

I don’t see the problem Nintendo had a pretty fine conference considering they didn’t even show alot of the titles that still have video.

How funny, because I actually didn’t care that much about Conviction until I saw that footage.

This makes me want to play Double Agent just so I can get my hands on this day one.

Needless to say I was blown away by what I saw of this game at the press conference.

Me too. It would have been nice to see him there with Paul and Ringo at MS’s press conference.

Nintendo’s conference was much much better than the last two years’, so I thought it was pretty good. shrugs Haven’t watched the other two’s yet.

All three improved on last years conference.

Last year was a joke.

Well Im gonna stick with Gamer. I saw all 3 and they all showed off some sweet things. They all have motion control which I knew was coming from em cause when Nintendo makes something new everyone follows suit lol. I think the PS3 did what it needed to do…show off software that can ONLY be done with the PS3 hardware.

Nintendo did what we have all wanted them to do (they dont “need” to do anything) by showing a heafty amount of core games like Kingdom Hearts, Mario, Metroid, The Conduit. Red Steel, Dead Space, Zelda, Golden Sun. All these games looks kick ass.

And MS just showed us what they are made of. Plain and simple lol.

I’m telling you, Savage… Dead Space: Extraction is gonna blow.

EUROCOM.