The Fate of Alan Wake

[youtube]qm8PP-Ic240[/youtube]

In short, it didn’t sell enough and we may never get a sequel. At least they have a new IP for the Xbox One.

I really wish that Remedy would break from Microsoft Game Studios and make games multiplatform.

There’s an Alan Wake Humble Bundle that just started today.

:frowning:

Sam Lake is a hell of a man and I truly appreciate this video. Most people just let things die and don’t address the fans.

As for those of you who didn’t get the game at launch. Thanks for ruining my dreams you fucking pieces of shit!

Such an underappreciated gem.

We talk about boycotting and voting with your wallet, let this serve as a morbid example

The absolute best game on the Xbox 360. I don’t have the game itself, but I still do have the contents from the Collector’s Edition.

Was nice they were up front about it but I never wanted another game just a TV show. I’m happy they are getting the chance to do something new though and it will include the TV show element they wanted to do with Alan Wake.

Its nice that he bothered to come out and say hey it didn’t make sales goals so we can’t make another Alan Wake something else needs to be tried.

Ended up getting the bundle for a dollar.

What would a TV show be? Wouldn’t it be basically a copy of the various Stephen King miniseries? :stuck_out_tongue:

With a dash of LOST thrown in. I would watch that.

Twin Peaks :I

[youtube]boyGPvfA5B4[/youtube]

Bright falls felt like a nice balance of King and Lynch although I always want more weirdo Lynch stuff.

American Nightmare really improved the movement and controls, gunplay as well.

Such a damn shame. We need a kickstarter!

I finally got the DLC on tuesday too since it was part of the XBL Sales and Special, with prices up to 83% off. (it’s been Oover 2 years since they last went on sale)

The game itself is 5 bucks, I bought the 2 DLC packs for 280msp each and I got the Arcade game for 320MSP.

3 million between both games makes it sort of a cult hit, apparently. It’s pretty sad when that many people can play your series and yet it’s still not enough to justify going straight to the drawing board for a sequel. But it sounds like it’s up in the air.

Let’s be honest, survival horror style games don’t generally resonate with the broader audience. I can’t for the life of me figure out why, but I suppose the same is true with horror films. It has an audience, but it’s not a Gears of War audience.

[quote=“AstralFrost”]3 million between both games makes it sort of a cult hit, apparently. It’s pretty sad when that many people can play your series and yet it’s still not enough to justify going straight to the drawing board for a sequel. But it sounds like it’s up in the air.

Let’s be honest, survival horror style games don’t generally resonate with the broader audience. I can’t for the life of me figure out why, but I suppose the same is true with horror films. It has an audience, but it’s not a Gears of War audience.[/quote]

I think that is why Alan Wake on the Xbox feels out of place to me. Stick this series on the PlayStation and it would have probably thrived.

Didn’t play it yesterday because I wasn’t in the mood. I did fiddle with the graphics and control settings though. I’ll play it tonight. See how I like it.

I really need to play this game. I also really wanted to get the Humble Bundle.

but

I already bought the 360 used as my get one free with buy 2 (local store) and bought the Steam versions last summer cheap. Now I just have to work up a reason to start playing it (I know I’ll get into it once I do)

^^^ Reason? Do it in Alan’s memory…

But Sam Lake said he wants to do Wake when the time is right. It seems to me like he had to justify to the fans why they were doing an original IP and not Alan Wake 2 right away. I doubt its REALLY the end. Just the end for now.

YAAAAAAAAAAS!!!

2 Likes

3 Likes