The Conduit

This game is coming out next month. It has a 12 player online multiplayer component, an interesting storyline campaign, THE best graphics for a realistic looking game on the Wii, appeals to the “hardcore” crowd, and has the best customizable control scheme out there. This game is looking like a must have for the system. Please share with us your thoughts on this game so far.

[quote=“Mad Savage”]This game is coming out next month. It has a 12 player online multiplayer component, an interesting storyline campaign, THE best graphics for a realistic looking game on the Wii, appeals to the “hardcore” crowd, and has the best customizable control scheme out there. This game is looking like a must have for the system. Please share with us your thoughts on this game so far.

[/quote]

I’m really interested in the Conduit.

Yeah my girl is getting the gamestop one for me. We need to post our friend codes for this game…we also need to make sure we get wii speak for it as well so we can all talk smack lol. I have alot of hope for this they are gonna have to come through on alot of fronts to convince us. So far from what I see its looking like they have a tripple A title on there hands.

I think it’ll be pretty good, but not because of the shooting. I can see it being good in the puzzles department. I can see it being what Metroid Prime: Corruption SHOULD have been.

I see the Single Player being alot better than the Online.

I have to say the recent trailers have stopped my hype from eroding, as it had been the past few months because of this game’s bland-ness. I hope that it delivers both a solid single-player and multiplayer modes, and that if it does, that it gets the sales it deserves.

New trailer, btw:

[youtube]vnsizmzYtx4&ap=%2526fmt%3D18[/youtube]

Im not gonna sit here and convince anyone to buy this game, Im just impressed by the amount of time and effort put into making this game. Its graphical quality is AMAZING for the lil white box. From what I have seen so far Im just impressed and more than happy to show these developers what I think by giving them my money in return LOL.

bump

I just dont know about this game it just looks dated.

That middle screen looks like a Gamecube title.

But, I don’t look at graphics as far as judging a game. Good graphics are a plus, but bad ones don’t really matter to me.

[quote=“nothere413”]That middle screen looks like a Gamecube title.

But, I don’t look at graphics as far as judging a game. Good graphics are a plus, but bad ones don’t really matter to me.[/quote]

If the gameplay is there I don’t care either, but from the standpoint of not playing it yet…its dated. The game can change that perception if it turns out to be a blast.

I think it only feels dated cause we have known about it for almost 2 years now…I think actually getting ur hands on it will bring it back to life. Would u guys be willing to post ur friend codes here so we can get some death matches going on?

The Conduit was announced less than a year ago, last May.

It looks like a toned down verion of TimeSplitters but hopefully it wont dissapoint.

wow you guys arent as impressed as I am about this game…thats so odd I thought everyone would be excited for this type of game for the wii…I guess its natural for ppl to be skeptical of this kinda game on the wii seeing as the wii’s track recorde is full of flat tires right?

I’m not much of an FPS fan TBH. The only reason I’m following the game at all is because of the Wii controls, because otherwise I can’t play FPSs on a console.

Well wouldnt the wii be the one console that might be able to stand up to a key board and mouse?? Idk this game just excites me from all angles. Kick ass wii graphics, the most customizable controles in ANY game, a fps that isnt a port and quick shovel ware, idk it just has been a ball of yarn in my face for to long I wanna get a hold of it right now lol.

It does have those, but you have to understand many people appreciate intriguing stories and settings in their games. I’m not one of those people who won’t buy a game if its only downfall is a poor story, I do buy Mario games after all, but it doesn’t help when the game is “serious” but bland-looking.

Also, compared to the likes of other FPSs, Killzone 2, Team Fortress 2, Bioshock, etc., it does not hold up, multiplayer-, story-, and in the case of Bioshock’s PC version, control-wise. But I am still excited for it.

[quote=“Andrex”]It does have those, but you have to understand many people appreciate intriguing stories and settings in their games. I’m not one of those people who won’t buy a game if its only downfall is a poor story, I do buy Mario games after all, but it doesn’t help when the game is “serious” but bland-looking.

Also, compared to the likes of other FPSs, Killzone 2, Team Fortress 2, Bioshock, etc., it does not hold up, multiplayer-, story-, and in the case of Bioshock’s PC version, control-wise. But I am still excited for it.[/quote]

We cant say that fur sur yet. I saw a trailer for the story line and it looks really good if ur a science fiction geek then u will be drawn in for sur. We also cant say it doesnt hold up to other FPS’s cause we just havent played it yet. I think we get these preconceived notions that because its on the wii it will NEVER hold up to other console fps’s and I refuse to believe that. Same with the controls…Im not here to put the game itself on trial we havent gone hands on yet to do that. Im just saying from what we see this game has got to be the best jewel in the crap that the wii’s software is covered in! There is a trailer for the story at IGN if ur interested just and fyi.

Dude I have watched almost every trailer for this game released on IGN. I even rewatched the Quantum3 demo video. I’m not trying to put the game down, I’ll be buying it. I’ll even probably be championing it. I was giving reasons others may not be excited. Me, personally, as I said, am not satisfied with the plot or art direction particularly, but I’ll still enjoy it.

to me it looks up to par with any other fps…but thats just me.