Terminator Salvation (May 21st) - NEW TRAILER RELEASED

OK, this is cool no matter how you slice it.

It’s a Flash poster for the upcoming Terminator film (aka Terminator Salvation aka T4, coming next May).

I’m gonna see this because I hope beyond hope it’s good and anything with Bale in it can’t be too bad. Any other thoughts?

I think they’re beating this series to death. The Sarah Connor Chronicles is bad enough.

But, perhaps Bale can save it. He’s been in nothing but epic movies…

American Psycho, Batman, The Prestige, Reign of Fire, etc…

Yeah i had some time to kill and i watched the SCC on Hulu.

My eyes were bleeding

But if bale played Snake he would be the nerd trifecta

New trailer via Apple.com.

New image:

Hype… rising…

I saw the trailer with TDTESS. Eh… I think I’ll pass seeing it in theaters. But, I’ll get it On Demand. But, I want to see Star Trek in Theaters, now. The new trailer I saw looks pretty cool.

I don’t know if I trust your taste in movies…

I agree the end result of the movie could be 100% trash (McG doesn’t have a great record, to say the least), but I thought that even if that’s the case, the trailer did a dang fine job of making it appear like an awesome movie.

Also, even though I liked the trailer for ST at first, the more I think about it, the more annoyed I get. The sex/undressing in the trailer pissed me off, that shouldn’t be in a Star Trek… anything, ever. It seems they threw it in just to sell more tickets.

I’ll still definitely see it opening weekend, but I’m beginning to place more faith in the space battles than anything else (which isn’t good for a ST film).

[quote=“Andrex”]I don’t know if I trust your taste in movies…

I agree the end result of the movie could be 100% trash (McG doesn’t have a great record, to say the least), but I thought that even if that’s the case, the trailer did a dang fine job of making it appear like an awesome movie.

Also, even though I liked the trailer for ST at first, the more I think about it, the more annoyed I get. The sex/undressing in the trailer pissed me off, that shouldn’t be in a Star Trek… anything, ever. It seems they threw it in just to sell more tickets.

I’ll still definitely see it opening weekend, but I’m beginning to place more faith in the space battles than anything else (which isn’t good for a ST film).[/quote]

Keep in mind… the first Star Trek film was a love story.

And, as far as movies. I’ll just tell you my top 5 so you know if you can trust me.

1. Reservoir Dogs
  2. Donnie Darko
  3. The Prestige
  4. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
  5. Kill Bill

That’s stretching it pretty far, don’t you think? And even granting that, it was a love story, not a sex story.

Eh. I didn’t find any of those films top-5 worthy. They were all pretty good though.

New preview (slight spoilers). Some caveats:

• “This film honors the Terminator 3 storyline, but not the current television series. Judgement Day occured in 2003.”

• “Warner Bros. gave them their blessing to go for a hard R for this movie because the studio heads like to take risks like they did with ‘The Matrix.’”

• “McG wouldn’t give details about how Arnold might appear in the film or whether or not he was in the movie at all. All he would say was ‘We’re working on it.’”

• "Danny Elfman just signed on for the score. "

-“The first scene (not shown to us) features Marcus in the present day, in prison and about to be executed. He cares little about the world or himself. They cut to black and he wakes up in 2018 to a world ravaged by war. During these events he re-discovers what’s worthwhile about humanity. The film is a vehicle to show what’s best about humanity hence the title ‘Salvation’.”

HOLY @&# SH*T

R rating… Danny Elfman… Ahnold… no Chronicles crap…

Concept art…

[quote=“Andrex”]

• "Danny Elfman just signed on for the score. "[/quote]

Are they gonna sing “This is Halloween”?

What movie’s that from?

Nightmare Before Christmas…

http://blogs.laweekly.com/style_council/film/last-night-terminator-salvatio/

[quote]“Who likes that idea? Who wants a Sarah Connor voice-over?” McG asked. Almost every hand went up.

He continued, turning to producer Joel B. Michaels in the crowd, “Joel, what’s the deal with Linda Hamilton?”

“It’s happening,” Michaels replied.[/quote]

Oh shit oh shit oh shit!

The idea (GREAT idea!) is to have the voice-overs be based on the tapes she made at the end of T1.

That might be pretty cool.

I don’t know, though. My hypometer is only about a 4/10 for this movie, though.

[quote=“nothere413”]That might be pretty cool.

I don’t know, though. My hypometer is only about a 4/10 for this movie, though.[/quote]

How do you do it? I wish I could keep my expectations low now. :lol

Because I only get hyped for movies that follow at least one my rules.

A: Favorite Writer/Directors/Actors making/starring in the movie

B: Based on one of my favorite books

C:Remake of one of my favorites

D: Related in some way to another of my favorite movies.

Yeah I figured it was something like that.

The last two with that criteria were pretty bad though…

[quote=“Andrex”]Yeah I figured it was something like that.

The last two with that criteria were pretty bad though…[/quote]

What do you mean?

Journey 3D and TDTESS.

You should widen the parameters of movies you want to see.

[quote=“Andrex”]Journey 3D and TDTESS.

You should widen the parameters of movies you want to see.[/quote]

What about Journey 3D.

I wasn’t hyped for that movie at all. I like Jules Verne and everything, but that’s about as far as it goes.

I’m extremely hyped for the Neverhood Movie that’s due out this or next year. And the same studio will be doing a Samurai Jack movie, as well.

Here’s a few clips from the Neverhood game and the sequel “Skullmonkeys”.

[YOUTUBE]EfVQ7Tm-JMo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]E7dih3BmduQ[/YOUTUBE]

10/10 definitely

And the final Futurama movie “Into the Wild Green Yonder” is due out at the end of next month. That’s a 10/10 on the hypometer as well.

Dorian Gray looks promising. I’d rate it a 4 or 5.

The World’s End (Working Title) is another. Though, they haven’t even begun filming. 10/10

And then comes Inglourious Basterds. The latest Quentin Tarantino film. It looks to be amazing and has an awesome cast featuring Brad Pitt, Mike Myers, Samuel L. Jackson, and Cloris Leachman. 8 or 9 out of ten.

See? I’m hyped for all kinds of movies.