Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Annotated E3 Trailer

[bigYOUTUBE]fG3zfZH1MLU&ap=%2526fmt%3D18[/bigYOUTUBE]

Yoshi. Gusty Gardens music. Yoshi powerups. New suits. New galaxies. The first sequel to a Mario game on the same console since Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island.

I cannot wait. I cannot contain myself. I have not been this excited for a game since Twilight Princess. I am going on a media blackout from now on. No more screens or videos until it’s released.

I’m sure a couple will hit GoNintendo or elsewhere every now and then, but I know this game is going to be great. I want to save as much of it as possible for my first playthrough.

The only thing I’m hesitant on is if Luigi will return; if he’ll help you get a couple stars and be available for play after you complete the game. He was the brightest highlight in the first for me.

Still though… Yoshi. Controlled by the Wii pointer. In a 3D Mario game. Game of the Year 2010 belongs to one game.

It certainly looks promising, but I’d prefer a new Pikmin.

And I wouldn’t go calling GotY, just yet. 2010 looks to be a fantastic year for gaming.

EDIT: That drill thing looks really cool.

[quote=“Andrex”]
Game of the Year 2010 belongs to one game.[/quote]

Yup, Mass Effect 2

(though I am looking foward to SMG 2 , esp after just beating the first one)

[quote=“Asrugan”]Yup, Mass Effect 2

(though I am looking foward to SMG 2 , esp after just beating the first one)[/quote]
Galaxy beat Mass Effect in 2007 and it’ll kick its ass once again in 2010. :slight_smile:

Apples and Oranges, bro…

Just going by the critics, man. Obviously, I’m really excited for this and don’t want anyone to drag me down. :brokenheart;

http://wii.ign.com/articles/989/989857p1.html

[quote]IGN: You have a bit more insight on the development of Galaxy 2. What’s the direction for the game? Do they really want to blow it out or will it be more of the same?

Reggie: What Mr. Miyamoto has shared is that if the first Galaxy was maybe more inviting in terms of all the audiences, what Galaxy 2 is going to be is maybe a little more Nintendo fan / harder gamer focused. A little tougher. The use of Yoshi makes it a little more challenging. We showed some of the snippets of some of the activities – it’s a bit more challenging. [color=Red]It’s going to be, if you will, for more of that passionate Mario fan who grew up getting challenged with Super Mario World. It’s going to be much more in that area.[/quote]

…I would let this game have gay sex with me. I still think World was the absolute best 2D Mario.

Reggie gets paid to say that, you know…

Oh well, it looks good. Just don’t go crazy.

What I thought was odd about that interview is that he said Golden Sun is one of his favorite franchises and he was excited to announce it. Reggie’s been golden in my book since he said Link to the Past was his favorite game, though.

Critics did harsh on the first game a bit, and yeah, it was really only best RPG of that year. But this is ME2, a different game, enhanced, improved, and redone.

(go ahead and point out SMG 2 will be the same deal, er, don’t, I just did)

[quote=“Asrugan”]Critics did harsh on the first game a bit, and yeah, it was really only best RPG of that year. But this is ME2, a different game, enhanced, improved, and redone.

(go ahead and point out SMG 2 will be the same deal, er, don’t, I just did)[/quote]

Dude, all I gotta say is Yoshi. Pointer tongue-controlled Yoshi.

Try playing both games…

Not really into the whole shooter+RPG type games, tbh. I’ll probably try one of them someday though.

You really ought to, the storytelling alone is amazing.

yeah.

I still aint beat the first one…Im one of those ppl who has to get everything on a game so I still havent gone onto fight bowser cause i wanna get all the stars.

You haven’t even got to the Luigi mode? For shame.

Luigi mode?

I just beat SMG last week, and have 63 stars now.

[quote=“Asrugan”]Luigi mode?

I just beat SMG last week, and have 63 stars now.[/quote]

You need 120 to get Luigi.

Then if you get 120 with Luigi, you open up a bonus Galaxy for both Mario and Luigi, and can get your 121st star on both.