Sony: Wii Owners Will Become PS3 Owners (Eventually)

If you look back at previous lifecycles, like PS2 versus N64 [sic], we have lots of data that suggests that lots of people bought into N64 as their entry level gaming device, and were happy to upgrade to a more powerful machine later in the lifecycle when the price point was right for them.

I think we're going to see this later on PS3, and the fact that it's a Blu-ray player as well and that there's a [greater] wealth of network based experiences than are perhaps available on the device they already have will add to the proposition. I think that will definitely be a factor in the marketplace.  - Andrew House SCEE

http://kotaku.com/5283891/sony-wii-owners-will-become-ps3-owners-eventually

I don’t understand where he is coming from at all.

If he’s talking about the casual market, they’re the type to buy only one console every ten years, if that. They’re not going to flock to a console that costs significantly more than the Wii but doesn’t even offer its motion controller as standard.

Yeah all I got from what Andrew said was PS2 > N64. But I get what you said. The PS3 will never surpass the Wii.

Guys like this need to worry more about PS2 owners becomming PS3 owners and not 360 owners.

PRICE DROP SONY, HINT HINT

[quote=“Asrugan”]Guys like this need to worry more about PS2 owners becomming PS3 owners and not 360 owners.

PRICE DROP SONY, HINT HINT[/quote]

I really don’t understand whats going on with them and the incoherent shit talk.

I could give a fuck if the system starts selling better. Just keep making new games and I’ll be happy, Sony.

Lol it doesn’t it just takes MGS games that should be on consoles (I’m looking at you peace walker.)

[quote=“Gamer98”]If you look back at previous lifecycles, like PS2 versus N64 [sic], we have lots of data that suggests that lots of people bought into N64 as their entry level gaming device, and were happy to upgrade to a more powerful machine later in the lifecycle when the price point was right for them.

I think we're going to see this later on PS3, and the fact that it's a Blu-ray player as well and that there's a [greater] wealth of network based experiences than are perhaps available on the device they already have will add to the proposition. I think that will definitely be a factor in the marketplace.  - Andrew House SCEE

http://kotaku.com/5283891/sony-wii-owners-will-become-ps3-owners-eventually

I don’t understand where he is coming from at all.[/quote]

Umm the PS1 wasnt “a more powerful machine” than the N64. Just an fyi…as a matter a fact the PS3 is the ONLY PS console to be ahead of Nintendo in the horse power department lol.

Savage, read it again (it says PS2). The N64 and Gamecube were both in the PS2’s life cycle, though not by much (PS2 launched about one year before the cube)

I own one. I don’t give a shit who else does.

Precisely why i ugh everytime someone brings up NPD’s for a cast topic.

I think that’s only happened once.

Sony will announce a price drop at TGS along with the slim SKU. You can quote me on this.

Quoted. Your probably right though.