Sonic Unleashed Thread - Info, Trailers, Previews, and Opinions

Will this be the glorious return of Sonic? Or another nail in the coffin of the franchise?

[size=167]INFO (?)[/size]

• Should find the 360 box…

Release – November 18th, 2008 (Wii, PS2); November 24th, 2008 (360); December 12th, 2008 (PS3)
Platforms – PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 2 (Non-JP)
Cost – HD: $60, Wii: $50, PS2: $40

[size=167]TRAILERS (5)[/size]
Debut Trailer:
[gametrailers]32505[/gametrailers]

“High Europe” Trailer:
[gametrailers]35749[/gametrailers]

“Endless Possibilities” Trailer:
[gametrailers]36550[/gametrailers]

Wii Gameplay Trailer:
[gametrailers]41738[/gametrailers]

“Desert” Trailer:
[gametrailers]41787[/gametrailers]

[size=167]PREVIEWS (1)[/size]
Destructoid – “The first thing that strikes you with the game is how truly beautiful it is. […] If you approach these speed sections with an eye to looking stylish and perfecting a run, as opposed to being challenged by puzzles or enemies, then the stages featuring regular Sonic become a lot more fun. This is helped by the fact that the terrible design issues present in 2006’s Sonic the Hedgehog seem to be all but gone. […] My opinion of the speed stage presented at TGS? Honestly not bad at all. A little shallow, but it looks and feels very cool. […] I instead predicted that the Werehog levels would prove to be the best parts of Sonic Unleashed, and it was certainly the best part of this demo.”

[size=167]OPINIONS (!)[/size]
I’ve had a strong opinion of this game since it was first unveiled, (I’m sure you can look up the rant somewhere), and it all comes out to how good the Wii version is. {This section is coming soon.}

Going on Destructoid alone, these facts were reported: Game is beautiful and speedy, the PS3 version has framerate problems, and the “Werehog” sections could actually be more fun than the speed sections. I don’t know about that last one… but if they are at least fun enough to make you forget you’re supposed to be running around in this game, then they’ve succeeded.

This game does not look good.

It looks like you could just keep pressing the buttons and zoom through the level.

Just like Sonic Heroes or something like that.

[quote=“nothere413”]This game does not look good.

It looks like you could just keep pressing the buttons and zoom through the level.

Just like Sonic Heroes or something like that.[/quote]

Nah, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

[gametrailers]41108[/gametrailers]

You just have to have quick reflexes, obviously, and it gives you a great sense of speed. Like the bloak in this video, you have to know when to dodge enemies, when to jump up the walls, etc. There’s lots of branching paths too, so it’s not some quick-time-event-only game. I don’t know how you could say “this dodes not look good”, you can say it does not look good to play I guess but in terms of graphics/cool factor it looks pretty awesome.

And besides, you’re “pressing buttons” in every single game ever.

These games just take no amount of skill to play…

Wrong again. Have you played it?

And if by “these games”, you mean Sonic games, you’re super-duper wrong. :wine;

[quote=“Andrex”]Wrong again. Have you played it?

And if by “these games”, you mean Sonic games, you’re super-duper wrong. :wine;[/quote]

Sonic has not had a good game since the Dreamcast is what I’m saying.

I’m saying you have no idea, once again, what you’re talking about. Secret Rings was great.

Meh. I thought the controls were pretty screwy.

They could’ve been better. A lot of things about Secret Rings could have been better, but I thought that in spite of these it was still a pretty great game.

I just couldn’t get into it.

Also, what do you think of the quote in my sig? XD

I think whoever said that doesn’t know you very well. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah. Even I can admit to that.

“Endless Possibilities” aka the E3 2008 trailer has been added, and the Desert trailer has been updated to GT.

Anyone remember this little gem?

[quote=“Gamer98”]This game will NOT fail.

go ahead quote me on it.[/quote]

-http://forums.g4tv.com/message.jspa?messageID=13311048

Hrmm. :Q

Seems the 360 and PS3 versions have been delayed; Amazon has them at November 24th and December 12th, respectively. Sucks to be you, Chad. :stuck_out_tongue:

Source.

[gametrailers]42536[/gametrailers]

Holy shit this looks great- like, actual AAA quality levels. I don’t care what you say about the game as a whole, the werehog sections, etc.- this video is incredible.

Did they get a new actor for Sonic? He actually sounds enthusiastic. Awesome looking level design though.

I think it’s the same guy, but I have been hearing that he’s better recently.

I cant wait for this game.