So what games have you been playing lately...

Yeah I agree. The real problem is that a lot of folks couldn’t get over the fact that the awesome traditional survival horror style was dead back then. RE6 was an incredibly polished game… just in a different genre. Now we have the RE2 remaster and folks seem to be extremely hyped to get their hands on something that could potentially play like RE6.

I will say splitting the story into 4 campaigns did not help the game. Sure it was nice to have different perspectives and somewhat different play styles but it suffered from being a focused story. I think in trying to do more and go bigger they had to cut corners and the story took a big hit.

As for RE 2 playing like 6 i doubt it. I know you mean the 3rd person perspective and over the shoulder camera instead of fixed camera angles but having played the demo Leon isn’t as mobile as 6 and he certainly isn’t doing roundhouse kicks or sliding into floors. They might make scenes more bombastic or flashy because of the new technology but they can’t stray too far from the original game.

I think the game controls more like 4 since like i said Leon isn’t as mobile like in 6.

I am not that way at all. I love every entry in the series. In fact I played way more 4 and 5 than any others (and now played tons of 7). It just mechanically sucked and I seemed to always be out of ammo. The reticule and stuff just didn’t do it for me. And it was just boring until I got to cutscenes.

I can’t WAIT for RE2 Remake. Salivating over it. This will be ME while it is installing lol

I have to disagree when it comes to RE 6’s control mechanics. Haven’t played 7 but mechanically 6 is top tier. There are videos on YouTube that make 6 look like Vanquish.

I hope you plan to play 7 sometime. It’s fantastic.

I’m waiting on a PSVR/RE 7 bundle. Then again with PS5 hitting in a year or two PSVR might get a new revision and that’s when i think it’ll be a better time to jump in.

No other action game gave me movement like Resident Evil 6. If Dino Crisis ever comes back it would benefit a LOT from the movement RE6 has.

The thing about Resident Evil 6 is that it’s a game that is best enjoyed on Easy. Ammo is much more plentiful there.

Movement like laying down and spinning and flopping around like a fish? It just isn’t very RE. I remember I was playing as the other dude (can’t even remember his name) instead of Chris because everybody says to for some reason.

I’ll try it again, you guys are making me want to pretty bad lol Problem is 2 is so close it will most likely be after that. I think where I left off was Jake and Sherry escaping a lab/mansion or something.

The question is what is Resident Evil to you?

Well considering you can’t do that on ANY of the other games, not that.

I can’t believe all the apologists here honestly. But it isn’t a big thing, it’s just by far the worst RE game in the canon, if you get enjoyment out of it, good on ya. I like TONS of 6 and 7 out of 10 games.

To be honest I remember actually enjoying the story somewhat lol I barely ever had ammo and just kicked everything and it got old to me. I can’t wait to revisit it.

I think RE4, 5, Revelations, 7 and 2Remake perfected the RE formula for the modern age since they don’t do the fixed camera angles anymore.

Oh i do agree is the worst but for different reasons. But, yeah it’s no big deal.

I have been playing Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Sea of Thieves co-op with my cousin.

Last night we were killed and robbed by a couple of assholes on Thieves who ambushed us at a outpost. I think they had guys in a ship chasing other ships to the outpost then would ambush but I am not 100% sure.

I have been happy to finally find the Arena on Assassin’s Creed. It is incredibly addicting, found a wonderful huge island with tons of quests to explore. If you want your money’s worth get that game. I have been playing around 67 hours and about halfway done I think. Maybe a little more but I keep doing every side quest I come across.

After Resident Evil 2 downloads, should be sometime today, I’m going to start playing Resident Evil.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2018/wrap-up/

Check out your PlayStation Stats of 2018

Different Games Played: 77

Top 3 Games: Persona 5, Monster Hunter World, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 Remix

Total Hours: 1396

Longest Streak: 10 Hours

Days Played: 273

Trophies unlocked: 715

Bronze: 544

Silver: 124

Gold: 39

Platinum: 8

Nice, my top played game from the xbox 2018 review was Monster Hunter World with The Division in 2nd place.

Had a gift card and bought a new dualshock controller to play RE on and I think my previous one always had a fucked up rumble system. I didn’t know newer ones had a light at the top of the touchpad.

I played and streamed a game called YIIK: A Postmodern RPG.

Let me tell you right now. DON’T BUY OR PLAY THIS GAME EVEN OUT OF MORBID CURIOSITY. IT IS A HORRIBLE GAME.

Lol, did you randomly pick it up or were you originally interested in it?

I played Anthem a bit earlier and it was pretty fun. I did experience Halo 2 levels of lag though… I don’t know when the last time I experienced rubber banding so i can’t wait until I private missions actually work so I can go in solo or duo.

Honestly, I don’t know why I picked it up. I knew it was going to be boring, but I didn’t think it would be that bad overall, but it was.

Different Games Played: 7

Top 3 Games: Uncharted: Lost Legacy, No Man’s Sky, Horizon Zero Dawn

Total Hours: 1753

Longest Streak: 3 Hours

Days Played: 292

Trophies Unlocked: 149

Bronze: 105

Silver: 28

Gold: 12

Platinum: 4

Like I said before I spent too much time playing the survival co-op mode of Uncharted. I stopped playing once I started Horizon.