So I want a new HDTV price is not a problem

Any suggestions, on a HDTV that’s just great for games/blu-ray?

Why do you need help buying an HDTV? It’s not that hard to just find one you like.

Yes because I would buy one show you guys then get laughed at :frowning:

Meh. I use a shitty little 14 inch tv. I’m in no position to be making fun of televisions.

That’s good to know I would just like an opinion from an HDTV snob.

Might not find too many of those here, I dunno how many of us have HD-TV’s.

My set’s a 32" Widescreen Sony Wega Flat Screen, 1080i, and it’s a CRT
(I wish I had waited one damn year, for the same price I could have gotten the same thing for less in a LCD with 1080p)

I would have gone bigger but I had a entertainment center to fit into (and I squeezed it in by 3/8’s of an inch).

If you want some solid advice I suggest you check out
Cnet’s Ultimate TV Buying Guide

[quote=“Asrugan”]Might not find too many of those here, I dunno how many of us have HD-TV’s.

My set’s a 32" Widescreen Sony Wega Flat Screen, 1080i, and it’s a CRT
(I wish I had waited one damn year, for the same price I could have gotten the same thing for less in a LCD with 1080p)

I would have gone bigger but I had a entertainment center to fit into (and I squeezed it in by 3/8’s of an inch).

If you want some solid advice I suggest you check out
Cnet’s Ultimate TV Buying Guide[/quote]

Sweet yeah already have a 1080i in my downstairs living room. A 1080p in my upstairs living room, now I want a 1080p for my room. But I want it to blow the other HDTV’s out of the water.

OK if u wanna be sneaky and get a great tv that will literally last u your whole life then what u do is. Go to a local CostCo and get urself a Plasma TV (they give u a better picture than LCD and they cost less) then purchase there LIFE TIME Guarantee. Now whenever your plasma burns out (and believe me it will) they will replace it for free…EVERYTIME LOL. Just make sur it says it supports 1080p which any plasma should and you my friend will be in business.

That sounds like a hood hook up! Nice.:cool;

LCD > Plasma.

I’m no expert but I know Sony makes quite the nice one.

I won’t be of any help since I play on a 20 inch SDTV…

Good lord.

[quote=“Rawk”]LCD > Plasma.

I’m no expert but I know Sony makes quite the nice one.[/quote]

if i remember right LCD and plasma are relatively the same with minor differences. LCD fades a bit if your not in direct viewing lvl and can blur when playing fast paced games where as Plasma can reflect more light thus giving it more of a glare in a bright room and are hard to find in smaller sizes…DVD movies look better on plasma’s the depth of black is better on plasma…just a few things here and there. Plasma’s generally cost less which can be another factor in what to choose.

Don’t forget though, plasma’s don’t last as long as LCD.

What about DLP?

DLP works with mirrors and if one of those lil mirrors break then the picture quality drops.

@Asrugan: As for LCD’s lasting longer thats why I told him about the CostCO thing LOL thats why I posted here is to show him how he can cheat a lil LOL.

I use a 32" Bravia that goes up to 1080i.

The refresh rate isn’t quite where I’d like it to be, but the color and contrast are really impressive. You might try getting a high end one.

[quote=“Teh_Sarge”]I use a 32" Bravia that goes up to 1080i.

The refresh rate isn’t quite where I’d like it to be, but the color and contrast are really impressive. You might try getting a high end one.[/quote]

I will look into it alot of people enjoy Bravia’s so I will check them out.