Should I Buy It....?

Okay. So I have about two hundred bucks saved up right now (from various babysitting jobs. Forget getting an actual job in my area during the summer). My original goal was to save up enough to get an xbox360.

I have one here at home (it’s my dad’s), and when I’m on vacation I buy xboxlive and play GoW2 aaaaand…that’s about it. Currently, I’m debating whether or not I should buy the 360 or…well I’ll get to that in a minute. Here are a couple things I’ve been thinking about:

I love xboxlive.

I’m not really sure about the game selection. There are a lot on the xbox I like, but…it looks like there is a lot to be desired.

On vacation, I get my xbl time in, and it doesn’t take away from homework time because, well, I’m on vacation.

I don’t know if I should get a 360 0r not. I take my DS and my gaming laptop to school, which covers for a lot of games, but I don’t know if I should get a 360…

And if I don’t get a 360, what the heck am I going to do with this money?! Also, my birthday is on August second, so there is likely to be more money on the way. And more babysitting of course.

My other thoughts:

Buy a:

Wii

Nice recliner for my room next quarter

A fridge

A good speaker system

A new phone (I relly need one)

etc.

So…yeah.

/rant

Go get a phone then, everything except the Wii and the 360 are unnecessary.

Buy a 360 yourself and ask for a phone for your birthday?

Wii.

Or if you buy a phone, get the T-Mobile G1 or myTouch 3G so you can play my game (eventually). :slight_smile:

None. Buy a pet. And have fun!

Can’t have pets in the dorm. Otherwise yes.

So, you don’t have a current gen console?

Get a Wii. If you like ur DS then you will like your wii…plus the games on the wii wont pull u in as long as the xbox ones can so it wont take away alot of time for HW during school.

Get an iPhone 3g. It’s only $99 now and you’ll get tons of small cheap games and all the hipster dudes will want to hang with you.

Hang out with them, find the richest one, date him and he’ll probably buy you a 360 for your 1-month anniversary.

[quote=“sbf717”]Get an iPhone 3g. It’s only $99 now and you’ll get tons of small cheap games and all the hipster dudes will want to hang with you.

Hang out with them, find the richest one, date him and he’ll probably buy you a 360 for your 1-month anniversary.[/quote]

I love you sbf. But I’m not the type the “hipster dudes” are attracted to. :slight_smile:

Anyway. I don’t have a current gen console to call my own, but I love my laptop. What’s tying me to the 360 is ME2. I don’t know, I like 360 games: shooters, american rpgs, racing games…And I like the DS too. My brother has a Wii, and the best part about it is the virtual console…

I think I might just save my money until after my birthday.

sbf. :argh

[quote=“Daystar”]I love you sbf. But I’m not the type the “hipster dudes” are attracted to. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

:heart;

self-avatar quote

[/quote]

Saving the monies is probably the best option.

Also, the rich hipsters are usually the uglier ones… just so you know. [SPOILER]and there’s the small tiny itty-bitty peen issue that goes on with a lot of them. >,>[/SPOILER]

:Q

Aug 3 here.

The 360 does have alot going for it title wise, though I know a few of the games you have covered if your playing with a good PC (like Left 4 Dead). Look back a little at some tiles already out, you’ll save a buck and find some nice stuff. And there is the ease of use of those games over XBL, which is always nice.

Hmm, didn’t you usd to have a Wii?

Aug 3 here.

The 360 does have alot going for it title wise, though I know a few of the games you have covered if your playing with a good PC (like Left 4 Dead). Look back a little at some tiles already out, you’ll save a buck and find some nice stuff. And there is the ease of use of those games over XBL, which is always nice.

[color=Red]Hmm, didn’t you usd to have a Wii?[/quote]

That is a long, painful, and stupid story. You don’t even want to know.

Update: Still haven’t decided what to do with my money. Oh yah, except I bought a new rash guard yesterday (which was totally worth it) so I can go surfing without getting a ridiculous sunburn. I still have $240 though. =D Considering the 360 more and more and am asking for a new phone for my birthday (either the 3G iPhone or a Blackberry Pearl).

So if you are set on buying a 360, do you know which bundle is right for you?

I personally stay far away from the Arcade, regular and Elite being the way to go. I’m inclined for the Elite myself as a serious high def gaming machine. But the $300 regular makes for great middleground and is decently priced.

Aug 3 here.[/quote]
My sister’s is August 4th. :smiley:

3rd…

4th…

3 times 4 is 12

My birthday is on August 12th.

MINDFUCK!!!

[quote=“Daystar”]That is a long, painful, and stupid story. You don’t even want to know.

Update: Still haven’t decided what to do with my money. Oh yah, except I bought a new rash guard yesterday (which was totally worth it) so I can go surfing without getting a ridiculous sunburn. I still have $240 though. =D Considering the 360 more and more and am asking for a new phone for my birthday (either the 3G iPhone or a Blackberry Pearl).[/quote]

Just get a 360 then if you are likely going to get an iPhone; Blackberry is fine.