Random Video Game News

Probably a better question is what “video game character ISN’T a virgin?”

Damn near midnight and i am laughing uncontrollably. Nagoshi-san needs to chill with those April Fools jokes.

This isn’t “news” so much as an interesting interview. I was shown this recently:

http://www.onemillionpower.com/25-years-since-the-release-of-final-fantasy-vi-looking-back-at-the-passion

Apparently it’s a translation of an interview from an upcoming Famitsu with regards to the 25th anniversary of Final Fantasy VI. It’s no secret I adore this game, and while much of this interview isn’t particularly out of the norm, one section stood out: (Obvious spoilers if you somehow haven’t played this game.)

The world of ruin wasn’t originally going to be in the game at all. Originally, Kefka was to be defeated on the floating continent, and that would’ve been it.

Probably the best parts of the game were only there because they were comfortably ahead of schedule in development. I saw a comment noting that this re-frames modern complaints of “scope creep” just a bit. Still crazy to think about either way.

Yikes at that enemy design, haha.

Reminder that Cuphead (and his pal Mugman) is out now on the Switch.