Pokémon HOME

I’m one of the small few who is far more excited for this than anything else in the Pokemon franchise in a long time.

The price is going to turn 99% of people off but not me. Pokemon Bank is $5/year and does about 5% of what HOME is offering.

Pokémon HOME Points are points that accumulate in Pokémon HOME as you deposit more Pokémon. When using the Nintendo Switch version of Pokémon HOME, you’ll be able to exchange your Pokémon HOME points for BP (Battle Points) to be used in core Pokémon series games.

Damn they even retained one of the more esoteric perks of Bank. I had little confidence in TPC pulling off a good smartphone app, and while the jury is still out, the feature list on its own is just staggering.

They even made getting Mystery Gifts much easier! Will be almost impossible to “forget” to receive them now. (I don’t know how many Mystery Gifts I’ve just not known about until they were already over, and I’m a big Pokemon fan.)

You can receive Mystery Gifts in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME! With this feature, you can receive Mystery Gifts for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield as well as gifts specifically for Pokémon HOME. Pokémon received in Pokémon HOME can be directly deposited in a Box in Pokémon HOME.

Bank compatibility means all Pokemon from the first six generations can be imported.

Gens 1 and 2 are on 3DS Virtual Console and can send Pokemon to Bank.

The GBA games can send Pokemon to Gen 4 via the Pal Park, and the DS games can send all of this to Bank via the Poke Transporter app. Though that makes me wonder, if the Transporter app becomes unavailable (the 3DS eShop shuts down), that will break the chain. :thinking:

But for now, it’ll be possible to import Pokemon from every single generation to HOME. And that’s amazing.

Really cool detail.

1 Like

I’m all in for being able to trade on my phone

1 Like

That and the Mystery Gift thing honestly feels like the future. Pokemon has been trapped in the past for sooooo long (only Go really felt like a break from that), even SwSh are hamstrung and works-in-progress…

Maybe TPC should switch to app development. :stuck_out_tongue:

The surprise is that it’s on BOTH phone and switch. hopefully it’s all as seamless as it sounds

Unfortunately it kinda isn’t. A lot of functions like Trading and GTS are mobile-app-only for some reason. Meaning if you don’t have a phone or can’t install the app your SOL for those features… for the time being.

It’s extemely weird the mobile app can do more than the Switch one. It can even interact and transfer from 3DS systems, and the Switch app doesn’t!

GTS on phone only? that sounds convenient, actually. no more going into loading screens when i just want to battle and such. On the other hand, it sounds like a problem if i end up resetting the game. I like to hold on to one-off items like master balls and gold bottle caps for the next play

Oh for SURE I would much rather have it on the phone tha non Switch lol.

Just saying weird from Nintendo’s/TPC’s perspective. The Switch is the one where people bought your $60 game, guys. Maybe give them GTS access too?

Hopefully you don’t need a 3DS to transfer from Bank to Home.

Hard to say, there’s this:

But that doesn’t say you’d also need your 3DS nearby. On the other hand, there’s no asterisks or small print about needing a 3DS, and since it’s a cloud service… I’m going to say you probably don’t need your 3DS to transfer, just your login credentials.

But the 3DS is an extremely technically-archaic device and I’m not sure how much they need to work around its limitations.

1 Like

sounds to me that the Switch is still behind the times with its tablet features. I just realized it doesnt have a camera to take mii qr codes, or a browser app.

Who cares?

GTS limit of 3 is still kinda low for the paid version I should at the very least be able to deposit a whole team of six if needed. It would be cool for a whole box of 30.

1 Like

Yeah but then that’d open up Pokelaundering.

The GTS has always been the shady
underbelly of the Pokémon world. So it wouldn’t make it any worse.

Puts on Team Rocket outfit

2 Likes

Actually it worked just fine. Some people put ridiculous things on it but before it worked for getting reasonable stuff. The thing that got annoying was the constant asking for legendaries.

Gamefreak has managed to definitely make pokemon a lesser experience than before.

1 Like

a bunch of clone rayquazas were always the solution

Shiny Perfect Dittos everywhere