Pokemon Gold/Silver remakes to be announced May 10th, DSi Virtual Console at E3

File this under MAJOR RUMOR for now, at least.

Notice the gold and silver party balls. Also, Pokemon the Movie 12’s posters have all the Johto starter Pokemon in them.

In the NeoGAF thread for speculation as to what this Sunday’s Pokemon Hour would reveal, a poster posted the following post:

[quote=“Wii Will Rock U”]I can confirm to you all that this announcement is indeed a Gold and Silver remake as I JUST heard news of it from my buddy in Treehouse who has known for a while and while I knew (and actually told through PM a few people on GAF) I feel as though now is as good of a time as any to let everyone know.

Release is Late 2009 Japan release, Spring 2010 America.

Also, expect an announcement soon after E3 of a new Wii based Pokemon game compatible with these new games as well as Platinum.[/quote]

Source.

Source.

I’m fricking hyped. I better trade in my DS Lites soon before that Gamestop deal ends…

[quote=“Andrex”]File this under MAJOR RUMOR for now, at least.

Notice the gold and silver party balls. Also, Pokemon the Movie 12’s posters have all the Johto starter Pokemon in them.

In the NeoGAF thread for speculation as to what this Sunday’s Pokemon Hour would reveal, a poster posted the following post:

Source.

Source.

I’m fricking hyped. I better trade in my DS Lites soon before that Gamestop deal ends…[/quote]

Gold and Sliver Remake? Dang. Didn’t know there was a DSI virtual console but pretty cool I guess thats where they’ll put handheld VC releases.

It would be really awesome. Especially if they did it in the semi-3D style that Diamond and Pearl were done in.

So basically…This is the “Leaf Green” and “Fire Red” of this generation?

If it’s true, I could see myself getting the Silver one since Silver was one of my favorite Pokemon games.

[quote=“Kumiko”]So basically…This is the “Leaf Green” and “Fire Red” of this generation?

If it’s true, I could see myself getting the Silver one since Silver was one of my favorite Pokemon games.[/quote]

I’m really hoping they do a Crystal remake since I loved Crystal so much.

V_V

What? No “meh”?

Yes! I did, too.

We were just talking about Gold/Silver/Crystal at my job the other day. I said Crystal would always remain special to me because that was the first Pokemon game that let me be a chick. Finally, I no longer had to be “Ash”; I could be “Steph”.

Plus, Suicune was my favorite Legendary Dog. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh you :astonished:

Why put up Red/Blue first when Yellow is the same but was a full GBC game and it has the surfing Pikachu mini game.

Simple Jackassery, I suppose.

[quote=“Kumiko”]So basically…This is the “Leaf Green” and “Fire Red” of this generation?

If it’s true, I could see myself getting the Silver one since Silver was one of my favorite Pokemon games.[/quote]

Yes! Silver remains my favorite version.

And yeah, Gamefreak is getting kinda predictable. We knew Emerald and Platinum were coming as the “third game”, and we knew that there probably was going to be a Gold/Silver remake after FireRed and LeafGreen.

That said, ALL regions will now be playable on DS: Kanto, Johto (G/S remakes), Hoenn (R/S/E via GBA slot), and Sinnoh (D/P/Pt). On the DSi, all the best regions will now be playable (screw Hoenn, seriously).

Because Yellow is only for kid-weeaboos that were obsesssed with the anime. :disgust;

Srsly though, to milk money out of people. There was someone on GAF that has four copies of Diamond and Pearl- the Japanese ones and the American ones. It’s hard to create a fanbase that is so willing to fork over money for what is essentially the same experience, but there you go. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Andrex”]Yes! Silver remains my favorite version.

And yeah, Gamefreak is getting kinda predictable. We knew Emerald and Platinum were coming as the “third game”, and we knew that there probably was going to be a Gold/Silver remake after FireRed and LeafGreen.

That said, ALL regions will now be playable on DS: Kanto, Johto (G/S remakes), Hoenn (R/S/E via GBA slot), and Sinnoh (D/P/Pt). On the DSi, all the best regions will now be playable (screw Hoenn, seriously).

Because Yellow is only for kid-weeaboos that were obsesssed with the anime. :disgust;

Srsly though, to milk money out of people. There was someone on GAF that has four copies of Diamond and Pearl- the Japanese ones and the American ones. It’s hard to create a fanbase that is so willing to fork over money for what is essentially the same experience, but there you go. :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

I have to agree I didn’t like Yellow either.

I didn’t like Yellow because the little bastard wouldn’t let you give it a Thunderstone to evolve into my favorite Pokemon, Raichu. :frown;

The little bitch. :bitch;

[quote=“Andrex”]I didn’t like Yellow because the little bastard wouldn’t let you give it a Thunderstone to evolve into my favorite Pokemon, Raichu. :frown;

The little bitch. :bitch;[/quote]

[size=200]PI!!!.. KA!!!..CHU!!![/size]
:frown;

Yellow was cool because I can get all the original 3 starters without having to trade pokemon.

Pikachu was a weak ass bitch, true. :frown; I stick his yellow hairy butt in my PC storage when I get my Mew from the Cerulean City glitch.

I too take that the Gold/Silver remakes are gonna be the FireRed/GreenLeaf of the DS. I hope this time they’ll push the DS’s capabilities further. Give the land and cities more polish, make the attacks more eye-catching, and have more interesting sprites for both Pokemon and trainers. That would do it. Doubt there’s gonna be a Crystal remake sense there was no Yellow remark…

Hey… is it pathetic that I spent a day to make 3 new perfect Grass/Fire/Water starters? :confused;

We knew the G/S remakes were comming, but this:

Very cool!

Looks like I’m getting a DSi after all. I still hope we can play the VC games we have on our wiis someday.