Ok fine, skeptical about Natal?

‘Wii hacker’ part of Microsoft’s Natal effort

Yeah, this guy

[youtube]Jd3-eiid-Uw[/youtube]

now, take a face sensing camera, add a 3d game… you see where I’m going here? Even if the motion sensing, and voice recognition are a bust, as long as this thing can track your face, it could be potentially earthshattering to games (full real 3d, no glasses needed). Now you see why I’m so excited for this thing’s possabilities?

Cameras have face trackers, too…

That work? At this level? I didn’t realize Sony’s cam could do facial recognition (and Nintendo doesnt even have a cam)

No, I mean actual cameras for taking pictures. Alot do. And I’m willing to bet a software update could add that to the Eyetoy (That’s assuming it doesn’t already have one).

Anyhow, over my recent vacation to Florida, I used my mother’s camera quite a bit, and it had a face tracker (it would draw a box around faces found in the picture) that was really accurate.

And there’s a version of that same 3D thing that someone did with the Eyetoy on youtube.

[YOUTUBE]FFN8cW1mSVY[/YOUTUBE]

And the guy doesn’t hold a sensor bar on his head.

So yeah… it could be possible on both.

Ah, sorry I overreacted. I see what you mean, my Canon Elph does that. The tech on it’s hit and miss sometimes, but on a $299 camera from two years ago so…

either way, it’s good of these companies to be thinking about 3d, as it seems to be catching on more.

My god… think if they were to combine something like this with the 1:1 demonstration they provided at Sony’s conference…

It could be the perfect first person experience. The combat would be amazing.

That’s really awesome for that guy.

And this is supposed to make me… less skeptical?

Translation: I don’t have these consoles. /care

I feel the same way sometimes, too.

still wouldnt have enogh room even if i took out my bed from what i saw >,> . . .

Calan you could always point the camera to your bed and just stand on it. >_>

Not shocked they hired that guy. You always bet on chubby Asian men. They are some of the smartest people in the world. 0_o

[quote=“Asrugan”]‘Wii hacker’ part of Microsoft’s Natal effort

Yeah, this guy

[youtube]Jd3-eiid-Uw[/youtube]

now, take a face sensing camera, add a 3d game… you see where I’m going here? Even if the motion sensing, and voice recognition are a bust, as long as this thing can track your face, it could be potentially earthshattering to games (full real 3d, no glasses needed). Now you see why I’m so excited for this thing’s possabilities?[/quote]

You may want to hold your horses a little. Let some software come out using it first. I think the more impressive thing was the ability to “Scan” things assuming you can really do that.

You know, I do have to wonder what kinda of things people will scan…

Depends on how you scan.

Oh I don’t doubt the excitement regarding the possibilities, but that is also why I’m remaining skeptical. There’s been enough incidents in gaming history (or product history in general) were products were advertised and shown as being “perfect”. Their ads lead you to believe that anything was possible…But then it came out…

I’m not saying that Project Natal will fail. I’m not saying it won’t produce something good. I’m only saying that I’m prepared to see it fall short of its potential so this way, I can’t be disappointed.

I rather be wrong now and right later than be on the bandwagon.