Official Updates (11/26): Forum Public Beta & Project Gforum - The Podcast

Well I realize things have been slow around here (moreso than usual), so I’ve decided to finally “open” things up a little, and starting this Friday, there will be a link to this forum in the navigation of the main Project Gforum site. However, please note that the forum will remain in beta up until and possibly after version 2.0 launches.

Also, I’m gathering a cabal of Gforumites together for a bimonthly-ish gaming-ish 30 minutes-ish podcast. If you are interested and have a computer mic, please reply saying so. Basically, each regular will bring one or two gaming topics (basically recent news) to the table and we’ll go from there.

Current Confirmed Regulars:[ul][li]Andrex[/li]
[li]Nightshade[/li]
[li]nothere413[/li][/ul]
So what do you guys think?

Edit- Also I think we need a cool “G” centric name for our podcast. Any ideas?

Edit 2- I think “Perma Gasm” could work well. :lol Was originally going to be the forum name way back in planning, but now I think we should use it for the podcast.

Perma Gasm? Bleh. Also, Nighty doesn’t get to be a regular. He’s not cool enough. He can be a guest star who comes on like every other episode.

I lthought of a few names. “G, I love this Podcast”, “Gamers of Gaming Games”, “Project Gcast”, “The G” or “Gaming with the G-Men”

Once we come up with a name, I’ll make some prototype logos (I don’t want to use the PGF one Twice) and once we decide what kind of logo we’re going to use, who the regulars will be I’ll make an advertisement Youtube Video.

If this idea DOES get off the ground, we could start sometime in January or February.

I’m amenable to this idea…

Crap, crap, decent, bad, crap.

K. I may revise/prototype the logo though.

I was hoping (a little) to launch the first with v2, so anytime between now and then would be a good time to record it. Then I can go into Audacity and mix it up a little…

[quote=“Andrex”]I’m amenable to this idea…

Crap, crap, decent, bad, crap.

K. I may revise/prototype the logo though.

I was hoping (a little) to launch the first with v2, so anytime between now and then would be a good time to record it. Then I can go into Audacity and mix it up a little…[/quote]

If I’m going to do it before I buy a good mic, it’s gonna be kinda crappy quality and will need to be converted to mp3.

It will be MP3 anyways. Here’s how it’ll work: We each download Ventrillo and talk to eachother, and on my end I’m using a sound capture program. Then I’ll clean it up in Audacity and make it ready for download.

Like I said before, though… I don’t have a mic. I was just going to record a little introduction with my cell phone.

Unless my compy has Bluetooth…

And, it doesn’t.

Im going to whip up a few logos.

And Andrex. please don’t get a complete god complex about this, as in, shooting down every single idea anyone makes and/or tweaking it beyond recognition.

Not accusing of this yet.

But you are religious, they should of taught you not to play god.

And i don’t really care for Perma Gasm. Sbf will. because he’s…something.

But we need something that can sound kind of serious if we need it to.

And…from here on out, if we are going to be even remotely serious about this everyone is to stop their needless hating of things. EVERYONE. Not saying we need perfect neutrality. But, faynboyism doesn’t exactly attract the greatest fanbase. Take a stroll over to Youtube or the G4tv comments section if you need reminding.

I’ve got a mic though I can’t quite get it to work all the time I’m getting a new new one for Christmas.

Whoa! We haven’t even really decided on a name yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

When have I ever done that? I’ll deal with things as I’ve always dealt with them, it’s worked out this far pretty well.

[quote=“nightshade_II”]Not accusing of this yet.

But you are religious, they should of taught you not to play god.[/quote]

First of all, this sentence doesn’t even make very much sense. Secondly, I don’t follow the thought.

[quote=“nightshade_II”]And i don’t really care for Perma Gasm. Sbf will. because he’s…something.

But we need something that can sound kind of serious if we need it to.[/quote]

:lol I doubt we will. If we ever do (which I doubt), we could change it later.

I think arguments could be interesting, but I believe everyone we could get for the podcast would be level-headed enough to get through the topics. If we ever do get an audience, I think it’d be good to have them recognize both sides of whatever we would be discussing.

I think it’ll work out very well, trust me on this.

OK, so that makes both you and nothere.

How about we record the first one during the week after Christmas?

Sounds good to me.

First Logo idea. It’s simple and easy to remember.

I could change the font if you don’t like it. And, I’ll touch it up if you like it enough.

Yeah, I like it but it looks aliased and pixelated, especially the black font. We’ll see what can be done.

This is a more touched up version. I like it the way it is.

But, if you DO want to tweak it, go ahead.

Should be fun, but I can’t really do it since I’m not much of a talker.

Oh c’mon, it’ll be fun! I’m not much of an extrovert either to be honest, but put in certain situations brings me out a bit. :stuck_out_tongue: Join in.

If I had a mic…I would join you guys. But I lost my PC mic sometime go.

Not only that, but I hate how my voice sounds recorded with a burning passion as hot as a thousand suns!

Are nighty and I the only outgoing people on this forum?

I’d like to think of myself as the loveable troublemaker of my school.

[quote=“Kumiko”]If I had a mic…I would join you guys. But I lost my PC mic sometime go.

Not only that, but I hate how my voice sounds recorded with a burning passion as hot as a thousand suns![/quote]

Same. :frowning:

Are Nothere and I the only outgoing people on these forums?

I like to think of myself as a dick with a heart of gold

[quote=“nightshade_II”]Are Nothere and I the only outgoing people on these forums?

I like to think of myself as a dick with a heart of gold[/quote]

You’re a douchebag… BUT I LOVE YA!

Nail Guns a baby