Now I am gonna watch the new Transformers flick...

Decibel magazine’s extreme metal dood Andrew Bonazelli reviews the film. SPOILER ALERT: But it wouldn’t really matter as it’s obvious

IGN: Three Red Lights Episode 117, Hilary pretty much summed it up in the podcast. (Jason Ocampo as a Pokemon is grand)

It was OK. The action scenes were better shot than the first one, but man is this film vulgar and… explodey. But that’s Michael Bay, I suppose. I liked it, but that may be because of rock-bottom expectations. I couldn’t tell you if I thought it was objectively “good” or not, though.

I need worse than ok!

I don’t know, it looks like ass to me.

The critics have been panning it pretty much, with comments like the storyline is infantile…which makes me relize why those people will never get this kind of thing. Bay was also the right fit for this movie, Transformers isn’t about deep plots and oscar calibur dialog, it’s about 20 ton robots fighting each other, period.

My best friend took his two older kids (boy 9 and 10) to it and they all loved it, even though he went in with mixed expectations.

[quote=“Asrugan”]The critics have been panning it pretty much, with comments like the storyline is infantile…which makes me relize why those people will never get this kind of thing. Bay was also the right fit for this movie, Transformers isn’t about deep plots and oscar calibur dialog, it’s about 20 ton robots fighting each other, period.

My best friend took his two older kids (boy 9 and 10) to it and they all loved it, even though he went in with mixed expectations.[/quote]

Shia Labeouf not playing Louis Stevens = Fail

I dunno, he was ok as Chaz,

[SPOILER]at least he had the decency to get himself killed.[/SPOILER]

[quote=“Asrugan”]I dunno, he was ok as Chaz,

[SPOILER]at least he had the decency to get himself killed.[/SPOILER][/quote]

I’ll agree with this. But this is the only exception.

I’m planning to see this next weekend. Oddly, when the first one came out, a lot of critics gave it a free pass and longtime transfans bitched about it. Now that the second one is out, it’s been almost universally panned by critics, but I find a lot of my cynical transfan friends actually enjoyed it for the most part.

Play to the critcs…lose fans

Play to the fan…lose the critics

It’s hard to win that game, and few movies ever do (Iron Man and Dark Knight are those kinds of exceptions)

Well… my friend Jake is a HUGE Transformers nerd, and he said it was really meh. He said that they basically just added a bunch of old Transformers to make fans enjoy it, but he’d prefer they just stick with what they did the last movie and actually introduce everyone properly.