Nintendo's Next Console

What do you guys think Nintendo will do now that there name and there console’s are so big with the casual market? Will they NEED to make another Wii or DS to keep the market satisfied? If so what do you think Nintendo will implement in there new hardware? We can also go the other route if you want and instead of thinking what they might do just list off what you would want them to do? How long do you think the Wii’s life cycle will be? These are all good questions that might help open our eyes to the future of gaming with Nintendo.

Personal Opinion

I personally think that Nintendo and there console’s (Wii and DS) are such a pop sensation that to change the name now would only bring about confusion and might encourage there install base to look at another console for there casual needs (360/Natal). If Nintendo does indeed intend to release another home console I believe it will still have the same name with maybe a lil difference, perhaps Wii2, WiiHD, or even WiiPlus. I personally would like to see them have an HD option along with WM+ built in or maybe a brand new enhanced controller all together. Allow for movies to be played, an improved web browser, improved online componite. I think Nintendo has learned from the Wii. I think a great deal of improvements are on the way with Nintendo’s next Wii. They see the advancement of the medium through casual markets but more recently have kept true to there hardcore fans. They are slowly but surely improving there hardcore elements now that they have almost perfected there casual market.

What do you guys think its coming if anything at all??

Ignoring all the grammatical mistakes, I think they’ll keep with what they’re doing now. Eliminating fancy commodities to keep the price of the console down, while pumping out 1 or 2 great games a year.

Yeah I didn’t mean to mess up but when i get to typing something I have the habit of not going over it lol.

You really think Nintendo will continue doing what they have been doing?? really…you dont see them getting any better?

[quote=“Mad Savage”]Yeah I didn’t mean to mess up but when i get to typing something I have the habit of not going over it lol.

You really think Nintendo will continue doing what they have been doing?? really…you dont see them getting any better?[/quote]

With all that money they’re making, why should they?

Nintendo may have alot of dedicated fans, but… they’re STILL a corporation.

IDK, maybe I’m a cynic…

[quote=“nothere413”]With all that money they’re making, why should they?

Nintendo may have alot of dedicated fans, but… they’re STILL a corporation.

IDK, maybe I’m a cynic…[/quote]

Im not calling you anything everyone is has there own opinion and thats what i asked for…I just cant see Nintendo NOT being inventive and revolutionary but that is MY opinion.

[quote=“Mad Savage”]What do you guys think Nintendo will do now that there name and there console’s are so big with the casual market? Will they NEED to make another Wii or DS to keep the market satisfied? If so what do you think Nintendo will implement in there new hardware? We can also go the other route if you want and instead of thinking what they might do just list off what you would want them to do? How long do you think the Wii’s life cycle will be? These are all good questions that might help open our eyes to the future of gaming with Nintendo.

Personal Opinion

I personally think that Nintendo and there console’s (Wii and DS) are such a pop sensation that to change the name now would only bring about confusion and might encourage there install base to look at another console for there casual needs (360/Natal). If Nintendo does indeed intend to release another home console I believe it will still have the same name with maybe a lil difference, perhaps Wii2, WiiHD, or even WiiPlus. I personally would like to see them have an HD option along with WM+ built in or maybe a brand new enhanced controller all together. Allow for movies to be played, an improved web browser, improved online componite. I think Nintendo has learned from the Wii. I think a great deal of improvements are on the way with Nintendo’s next Wii. They see the advancement of the medium through casual markets but more recently have kept true to there hardcore fans. They are slowly but surely improving there hardcore elements now that they have almost perfected there casual market.

What do you guys think its coming if anything at all??[/quote]

As Nintendo said they’ve realized the market is becoming red oceans after Microsoft and Sony are trying to do what Nintendo did. As for what they’ll do I’m sure they’ll try and keep the price cheap again its pretty much always been their strategy I was actually surprised it came at $249.99 but I guess that’s because of Wii Sports.

I personally felt, while many complained about the Wii’s power (or lack there of), that the biggest mistake from Nintendo was ignoring HD this gen. While they cited the install base of HDTV’s, the market was just catching fire, and it’s red hot today. Despite the rest of the economy HDTV’s are STILL selling fairly well.

IMHO, Nintendo should be taking a good share of the money they are making now on thier next big thing (preferably something close to 360ish in power, with HD, full Wii BC, and a more grown up approach to online.

The whole Japanese “play together, because everyone in in our nation is only a hour or two drive away” doesn’t work in a global structure, and not really even in a structure like ours, where a friend who we want to play with might be across the country where it’s simply not practical to ever play in the same room. A system like Sony and MS use are natural evolutions of a global economy, and if Nintendo wants to keep participating at that level they need to realize it.

[quote=“Asrugan”]I personally felt, while many complained about the Wii’s power (or lack there of), that the biggest mistake from Nintendo was ignoring HD this gen. While they cited the install base of HDTV’s, the market was just catching fire, and it’s red hot today. Despite the rest of the economy HDTV’s are STILL selling fairly well.

IMHO, Nintendo should be taking a good share of the money they are making now on thier next big thing (preferably something close to 360ish in power, with HD, full Wii BC, and a more grown up approach to online.

The whole Japanese “play together, because everyone in in our nation is only a hour or two drive away” doesn’t work in a global structure, and not really even in a structure like ours, where a friend who we want to play with might be across the country where it’s simply not practical to ever play in the same room. A system like Sony and MS use are natural evolutions of a global economy, and if Nintendo wants to keep participating at that level they need to realize it.[/quote]

I’m not so sure its the “mistake” you make it out to be. You know its about keeping the cost of the console down. You say Nintendo has to compete like Sony and Microsoft and the Wii has proved they really don’t need to worry about the competitors assuming they can get their blue oceans going.

I would like Nintendo to do all kinds of crazy things whether they will or not remains to be seen. One thing I’m pretty sure of is they will try and keep the price on the console down.

Oh, they’ll keep the costs down certainly, and the tech to be on par with something like the 360 powerwise will continue droping (so when/if they do jump to thier next step in power it’ll be cheaper).

They don’t need to “compete” with MS and Sony, but in a global marketing scheme they do need to realize the importance of a global audience, and a smaller planet (technologically speaking). Bucking against that trend to force people to play together…but only in person speaks to thier philosophy, but does them no favors in a business sense.

Free online that doesn’t suck. Because right now it sucks…a lot.

I’m sure Nintendo will introduce something mind boggling, but why bother thinking about it now? Nintendo holds everything secret and often create things that are way ahead of their time, but don’t deliver on them, so they can milk the current gen and make a lot of money on cheaper hardware.

I’m sure the next system will be as powerful, or more powerful, than the 360 and PS3, and will incorporate the same functions as those systems, and, including the Wii.

well with the xbox core is now cheaper than Nintendo wii…so they can use the 360’s tech next time around if they wanted to or maybe something a bit better than that and still keep the cost of the system down. Idk I just see Nintendo’s next console to be the best console in Nintendo history. I know that seems a bit bold but it just seems like it to me.

[quote=“spooie”]I’m sure Nintendo will introduce something mind boggling, but why bother thinking about it now? Nintendo holds everything secret and often create things that are way ahead of their time, but don’t deliver on them, so they can milk the current gen and make a lot of money on cheaper hardware.

I’m sure the next system will be as powerful, or more powerful, than the 360 and PS3, and will incorporate the same functions as those systems, and, including the Wii.[/quote]

I just don’t see them going that route, as powerful than the 360 and PS3, and they don’t need too.