Nintendo and Third Party Love

It seems that the Wii might finally be getting the love from dev’s that Wii owners have been looking for. SEGA seems dedicated to the “hardcore” market on Wii whether thats good or bad has yet to be seen. Bethesda said they have a “big” mature Wii title on the way. We have Red Steel 2 and No More Heroes 2 coming from Ubisoft, Muramasa: The Demon Blade from VanillaWare, A Boy and His Blob from WayForward Tech, Dead Space Extractions from EA, Tatsunoko vs Capcom from Capcom, FFCC: Crystal Bearers from Square Enix, Little Kings Story from Xseed Games, and The Conduit was just released. It just seems like its a good time to own a Wii or at very least have a friend who owns one lol.

All this is just third party without taking into consideration the first party support Wii is looking pretty nifty.

Everybody is all about cracking the Wii until their game sells poorly. No 3rd party has had any real success with the Wii so far so people should remain skeptical.

I’m iffy about half of those games.

Particularly Crystal Bearers, Extraction, and Red Steel 2.

Actually, Ubisoft has had a couple of really great selling games on the Wii. Then again, they were actually there to support it when it launched, unlike 90% of the world.

I just dont see any 3rd party cracking this console its a death trap.

Red Steel and Rayman Raving Rabbids (series) have sold very well on the system. Not to mention all those damned Petz games.

My god, that looks like it was on the N64.

My god how does anyone find him appealing??? He has freakin frog eyes and that feathery hairstyle you see high school dudes who constantly where baseball caps who just can’t fuckin wait to join a frat in college.

I just don’t get it >_<

Now see I agree with you on that. It is a gamble to put good money into a core Wii title but what Im saying is that these look promising…still with a bit of skepticism but promising none the less… I dont own a 360 or a PS3 and so these titles are all I got. I am looking at every one of these for a good experience. Im just hoping they deliver.

[quote=“nothere413”]I’m iffy about half of those games.

Particularly Crystal Bearers, Extraction, and Red Steel 2.[/quote]

The most iffy is Extractions…Crystal Bearers has been in development for a long time so Im looking forward to it…and Red Steel 2 looks to be an exciting game but I am pretty iffy on it…I dont wanna replay of the first one.

This game could have NES graphics and i would buy it…it has been getting AAA scores by not only Japanese critics but Western Critics as well.

[quote=“sbf717”]

My god how does anyone find him appealing??? He has freakin frog eyes and that feathery hairstyle you see high school dudes who constantly where baseball caps who just can’t fuckin wait to join a frat in college.

I just don’t get it >_<[/quote]

I find him appealing cause he looks good on the Wii…thats about it.

Just because a game has been in development for a long time doesn’t mean shit, man. Look at Too Human. Crystal Bearers just seems really gimmicky to me.

Oh and, instead of Quadruple posting, why don’t you just copy and paste into an edit in one post? I’d merge the posts if I had jurisdiction in the Gaming forum.

As said, Ubisoft has had great success with Red Steel and Raving Rabbids, as has Sega with various Sonic games. Capcom has also shown success on the platform with their Resident Evil games. Activision, too, with the Guitar Hero (which on Wii has outsold the other platforms) and Call of Duty franchises. Also, Suda 51 threw a party over the success of No More Heroes, which in turn gave way to a sequel. Even House of the Dead: Overkill, by all admissions a short, on-rails experience with an extremely limited appeal due to its vulgarity, has been considered a success by Sega.

Saying absolutely nobody can have any success on the Wii is actually blindingly and purposefully ignorant.

[quote=“sbf717”]My god how does anyone find him appealing??? He has freakin frog eyes and that feathery hairstyle you see high school dudes who constantly where baseball caps who just can’t fuckin wait to join a frat in college.

I just don’t get it >_<[/quote]

You’re too physically-oriented sbf. You need to concentrate on personalities. :stuck_out_tongue:

We’re talking about Gamer98 here.

:lol

[quote=“Andrex”]

You’re too physically-oriented sbf. You need to concentrate on personalities. :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

Stop talking like an ugly fat girl. >_>

[quote=“Andrex”]As said, Ubisoft has had great success with Red Steel and Raving Rabbids, as has Sega with various Sonic games. Capcom has also shown success on the platform with their Resident Evil games. Activision, too, with the Guitar Hero (which on Wii has outsold the other platforms) and Call of Duty franchises. Also, Suda 51 threw a party over the success of No More Heroes, which in turn gave way to a sequel. Even House of the Dead: Overkill, by all admissions a short, on-rails experience with an extremely limited appeal due to its vulgarity, has been considered a success by Sega.

Saying absolutely nobody can have any success on the Wii is actually blindingly and purposefully ignorant.

You’re too physically-oriented sbf. You need to concentrate on personalities. :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

Well to add to that Andrex The Conduit sold 100k its first week and is expected to hit 300k when released in Euro and over 1million life time so thats a big success right there…I think the words ppl are looking for when it comes to a Wii title is “exclusively” cause that typically means better production for that game.

[quote=“nothere413”]Just because a game has been in development for a long time doesn’t mean shit, man. Look at Too Human. Crystal Bearers just seems really gimmicky to me.

Oh and, instead of Quadruple posting, why don’t you just copy and paste into an edit in one post? I’d merge the posts if I had jurisdiction in the Gaming forum.[/quote]

I dont know about Too Human like I said I dont own a 360 or PS3…was it bad? On the norm your right long time doesnt mean quality but I gotta be hopeful ya know.

As for the multiple posts my bad never thought of doing it this way.

[quote=“Mad Savage”]I dont know about Too Human like I said I dont own a 360 or PS3…was it bad? On the norm your right long time doesnt mean quality but I gotta be hopeful ya know.

As for the multiple posts my bad never thought of doing it this way.[/quote]

Too Human is a 360 Exclusive that was originally supposed to be on the old PS1. It was under development for over 10 years. And it got bad reviews.

According to VGChartz it sold 100k its first week. According to reality, it could have sold a much different number than that. I’ll wait for Sega or the NPD group to confirm anything regarding it (and any other game’s) sales.

Chartz is good for getting a ballpark number on how a game did, but as far as using it to definitively point out a game’s early sales when absolutely no official or even semi-official data has been given on the subject, is getting a bit carried away.

[quote=“Andrex”]According to VGChartz it sold 100k its first week. According to reality, it could have sold a much different number than that. I’ll wait for Sega or the NPD group to confirm anything regarding it (and any other game’s) sales.

Chartz is good for getting a ballpark number on how a game did, but as far as using it to definitively point out a game’s early sales when absolutely no official or even semi-official data has been given on the subject, is getting a bit carried away.[/quote]

I was just going off early assumptions but thats all there is to go off with this title. Alot of hype has been built around this title and alot of devs have said themselves that they are looking to The Conduit to see how it does. Thats why I felt that this was relevant to the conversation.

Oh wow long ass time!! I think thats there own fault…if they had that much time to tweak the game they should have hit a home run…I think in this case you have to look at the developers.

I am. Square Enix has released alot of stinkers in the past few years.

Hopefully that’ll change, but like I said, Crystal Bearers looks REALLY gimmicky.

[quote=“nothere413”]I am. Square Enix has released alot of stinkers in the past few years.

Hopefully that’ll change, but like I said, Crystal Bearers looks REALLY gimmicky.[/quote]

Well I have played other games ppl thought were gimmicky and they were ok to me…idk you right about Square dropping the bomb on FFCC in the past…but like I said I HAVE to be hopeful…there isnt any other good rpg for the wii yet. There is also the next Dragon Quest but idk when thats coming.

The Next Dragon Quest is on the DS…