New Brutal Legend Screenshots and Info

http://kotaku.com/5254842/brutal-legend-battle-of-the-bands-with-axes-real-axes

I’m sorry, but… this game looks fucking retarded…

I don’t really care for this game, even not having played it.

Crap Art + Jack Black + “OMG Guitars!!11!” = Meh, possibly even Blech

Kids these days don’t know how to appreciate Tim Schafer. :neutral_face:

Damn right.

Meh I appreciate him when he has something worthwhile. His art has always been garbage though (imo), and a game where “metal = win button” just doesn’t appeal to me.

I don’t call artwork from games like Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, and Psychonauts as “garbage.”

All the games he made with LucasArts are goddamn 90s classics.

His stuff is always cartoony, alot of it funny, and not meant to be taken seriously. just look at Full Throttle.

I love Grim and Monkey, but this game just looks bad…

He WILL destroy you.

This game looks bad ass but this is coming from a Tenacious D fan. I know PLENTY of ppl who already thinks this game rocks just from the fact its all about rock! It has a killer name and it is just loaded to the brim with bad ass!

Cant wait!

I enjoy The D as well. I had their CD before they became popular and bought the soundtrack from the movie as well. But, this game has NOTHING to do with Tenacious D. At all. I don’t know what the hell you think it’s about…

The only similarity is Jack Black in a leading role about metal.

[quote=“nothere413”]I enjoy The D as well. I had their CD before they became popular and bought the soundtrack from the movie as well. But, this game has NOTHING to do with Tenacious D. At all. I don’t know what the hell you think it’s about…

The only similarity is Jack Black in a leading role about metal.[/quote]

LOL Im not mislead to think this is a video game based off the the band Tenacious D. Im just saying that most of the appeal of Jack Black is his crazy out of this world ideas and personality and this game is STRAIGHT out of the mind of Jack Black. Its gained so much popularity from the Rock community that old bands are making brand new tracks specificly for this game! Its just exciting to get a game that is just pure kick ass!

It’s not out of the mind of Jack Black… he’s doing a voice.

This game looks stupid.

It’s like Guitar Hero + Jack Black + Platformer…

As in Fail + Slightly Funny + Good. Doesn’t even out in my book.

[quote=“Rawk”]This game looks stupid.

It’s like Guitar Hero + Jack Black + Platformer…

As in Fail + Slightly Funny + Good. Doesn’t even out in my book.[/quote]
See. I saw Jackblack/guitarhero when I saw this. Not saying its gonna be a bad game, Its always good to have a non serious game to play every once in a while : D

O.O Im starting to question weather or not u even know who jack black is let alone what tenacious d is all about LOL.

He’s doing a voice. Did you see Kung-Fu Panda?

Yeah, watch the interview with the dev where he explains they “hoped” to get Jack Black to do the voice, but that wasn’t even a sure thing. The game is not “based” on JB or Tenacious d.