Natal on Jimmy Fallon

So, some more real time demos, less staged, I’d say pretty good for a prototype.

http://kotaku.com/5286751/ever-wanted-to-see-what-project-natal-looks-like-on-jimmy-fallon

I hate Jimmy Fallon, so I’m not watching that.

[quote=“Asrugan”]So, some more real time demos, less staged, I’d say pretty good for a prototype.

http://kotaku.com/5286751/ever-wanted-to-see-what-project-natal-looks-like-on-jimmy-fallon[/quote]

Well beyond the fact they are wearing those weird red jumpsuits nothing really says underhanded here simply because they are showing a very simplistic ball game and a racing game retrofitted with the device in very controlled motions. When the guy tried to honk the horn it did not detect that.

No Milo

FAIL :confused:

[quote=“sbf717”]No Milo

FAIL :/[/quote]

I wonder if you realize there’s a reason they haven’t let people demo Milo. I am surprised however that they didn’t put in a horn for Burnout just because they’d know people would do that.

Smoke and mirrors takes a while to set up, I’d imagine. We might see some “guided” demos in a couple months.

Hey if it really works like they made it sound I’m totally for having all kinds of games with natal.

I wonder if you realize that they did in fact let people demo Milo at E3 without putting them under NDA.

Also TV crews are good with smoke and mirrors they had me convinced for years Dan Rathers was a real man and not a robot. :confused:

[quote=“sbf717”]I wonder if you realize that they did in fact let people demo Milo at E3 without putting them under NDA.

Also TV crews are good with smoke and mirrors they had me convinced for years Dan Rathers was a real man and not a robot. :/[/quote]

Yes they did and the stories were its not like they showed. With the Milo thing Molyneux made it seem like he’d act as a real boy and thats not what really happens any programing person knows I’d be a nightmare if you let people just do what they wanted. he can recognize our faces, voices, emotions, ECT. Nice on paper not so much in practice. Anyways if you can do what they did with Milo and apply it to anything you want to do to or with him then all I have to say is Molyneux better make Fable 3 with this exclusively and make it amazing.

Not even sure why I bother though you also thought those 05 PS3 trailers were in game as well.

meh the vast majority of them were probably out binge drinking the night before. Could probably barely keep their eyes open from the pulsing headache they had from all that free booze that they happily sucked down on some game publisher’s dime

…fucking game press scum.

_>

[quote=“sbf717”]meh the vast majority of them were probably out binge drinking the night before. Could probably barely keep their eyes open from the pulsing headache they had from all that free booze that they happily sucked down on some game publisher’s dime

…fucking game press scum.

_>[/quote]

Yep total liars. If they really get what Milo actually promises I’ll be very impressed. Then again your description of the expectation of Milo is probably way different than mine. I realize that even if its a scripted event it will still be cool but I also know the kind of thing they implying isn’t what it is.

I’m curious to what you think Milo actually implies or is. To me Milo implies I could basically do anything I want and he’d react accordingly. What I believe is that Milo has predetermined things.

[quote=“barcster_2003”]Yep total liars. If they really get what Milo actually promises I’ll be very impressed. Then again your description of the expectation of Milo is probably way different than mine. I realize that even if its a scripted event it will still be cool but I also know the kind of thing they implying isn’t what it is.

I’m curious to what you think Milo actually implies or is. To me Milo implies I could basically do anything I want and he’d react accordingly. What I believe is that Milo has predetermined things.[/quote]

Keep in mind the Milo that was shown at E3 even behind closed doors had a few months of work done on the interface, that’s it. With the video, it was more about showing off what it could potentially do, rather than a harsh “here’s where we are, we have high hopes it will get better”. Honestly, what company uses that approach?

Really though I am not impressed with what Milo really is and as I’ve said I’d be happy if they get there. I think it will take them a long time to get to where they pretend they are. If you listen to what people say you’ll realize where Milo is currently at even with all that work.

Exactly, all the show they put on for ALL of Natal is pretty much a “here’s wha we’re aiming for” kind of thing, not really a “this is where we’re at” kind of thing (which is the route Sony kinda took now that I think about it). It’s actually very close to Nintendo’s original marketing of Wii titles, the goofy ads with people playing the games “super cool” style.

(I still miss those two Japanese guys from thier OTHER ad campaign…)