Music Tastes

[align=center]So I figured we could share some music tastes…yeah. Everyone here seems to have a different idea of what they think good music is (an observation based off of the “rate the song above you” thread) and I thought it would be cool to just list our favorite bands and songs and whatever. Don’t worry about a Top Ten list or anything, just write what you feel you want to write about the music you love. I, however, love lists. So that’s what I’m going to stick with. :slight_smile:

Top 10 Favorite Bands (no particular order except that blink is my favorite favorite)

blink-182

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Green Day

The Offspring

U2

Sublime

Nirvana

Weezer

Muse

Angels and Airwaves

List of Honorable Mentions (mostly includes bands who’s songs I don’t all like but they have a few that are just amazing and I love)

The Faunts

Sum 41

David Bowie

The Rolling Stones

The Beatles

Maritime

Smashing Pumpkins

+44

The Strokes

Ratatat

5 Songs I Can’t Stop Listening to Right Now

Everything’s Magic - Angels and Airwaves

Hold My Hand - Newfound Glory

When Your Heart Stops Beating - +44

Swing Swing - The All America Rejects

Walking Disaster - Sum 41

I also like Ludovico Eudinadi, who is an Italian composer and does a lot of piano work that I love. I <3 classical/orchestrated music. And of course I love video game music.

I play bass guitar, sing, am in a band, and I mostly l like to play punk/rock/alternative/synth kind of stuff. I can also play some stuff on the piano and know a lot about music theory. Aaand yeah, I guess that’s a decent enough type of first post…[/align]

I listen to hip hop all day errday that’s all you need to know. Dont feel like making a list.

Umm this is why Last.fm was created…so…

http://www.last.fm/user/sbf717

… also it’s Faunts not The Faunts… and WTF how can you not love their entire discography!!! :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

Granted I know alot of people swoon over M4 Part 2 b/c it’s Mass Effect’s ending theme song and the rest of their songs stray from that style but they are all so special in their own way.

smacks with High Expectations/Low Results LP

:neutral_face:

ANYWHO!

Top bands are

Boards of Canada
If These Trees could Talk
Faunts
Death Cab For Cutie
PhoeniX
Dredg
Pinback

Lately I’ve been enjoying alot of instrumental only rock from pg.lost and Long Distance Calling.

Fav album would be You can play these songs with chords-Death Cab for Cuite. B/c it helps me deal with rampant depression and I love how that whole album is Ben…everything from the guitar, Bass, drums, vocals it’s all him. It’s one man’s vision and I love that.

My top 10 (In no real order):

Lamb of God

Tool

Alice in Chains

Disturbed

Pantera

Amon Amarth

A perfect circle

Black Sabbath

Everyone should know these guys:
Metallica
Megadeth

Favorite bands/artists:

Men at Work
Incubus
The Envy Corps
Electric Light Orchestra
Astronautalis
Midlake
Colin Hay
Andrew WK
The Black Mages
Klark Kent

Honorable Mentions:
CSS
Menomena
The Go! Team
Maritime
The Police
Streetlight Manifesto
Our Lady Peace

Currently Addicted to:

Theme For Kinetic Ritual - Klark Kent

ELO - Showdown

Colin Hay - Prison Time

Astronautalis - Love Song for Gary Newman

ELO - Manhattan Rumble (49th Street Massacre)

My last.fm

My favorite song by them is Memories of Places We’ve Never Been…so don’t even talk to me about not liking their best stuff. >.> Also, the name of a band is a noun and therefore I can put The in front of it if I want. :stuck_out_tongue:

[align=center]Modest Mouse

They Might Be Giants

Metric

Chevelle

Korn
[/align]

Honorable Mentions
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Green Day
Previously On Lost
The Others
Primus
Slipknot
Garth Brooks
65daysofstatic

Songs

Night on the Sun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MKyBBiKlQg

Bee of the bird of the moth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIYPyCbn7Gw

Cat Faces
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C76N3tIgIc

The Static Age
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX4nciXSdRo

Mexican Sun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7UQDa-qOoA

most favorite album

:Q thats my fav from High Expectations. Ok lowers album weaponary

Overall Lights Are Always On from Feel.Love.Thinking.Of is my fav song from them

Dont throw your grammar jargon at me. >_>

[quote=“sbf717”]:Q thats my fav from High Expectations. Ok lowers album weaponary

Overall Lights Are Always On from Feel.Love.Thinking.Of is my fav song from them

Dont throw your grammar jargon at me. >_>[/quote]

It’s only because I sorta kinda think your alright. :wink:

I don’t like picking favorite bands because I pay more attention to the song rather than who is playing it.

Genres that I listen to a lot include Rock, Alternative, Metal, Rap, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Electronic, Trance, Techno, Acoustic, and whenever I’m in the mood, some Japanese and Spanish music as well as remixes of stuff like videogames and tv shows.

Waitaminute Tab… did I introduce you to Maritime?

Perhaps…

Don’t flatter yourself though, with my friends it was really only a matter of time.

:wink:

Top 10 Bands

Iron Maiden
The Beatles
The Pillows
Black Sabbath
Metallica
Reel Big fish
Slipknot
Slayer
Radio Head
Dream Theater

DEATH

ENSLAVED

ATHEIST

PRIMUS

MANEGARM

DIE APOKALYPTISCHEN REITER

CYNIC

AGALLOCH

ROTTEN SOUND

KREATOR

[quote=“Gurren Lagann”]DEATH
ENSLAVED
ATHEIST
CYNIC
ROTTEN SOUND[/quote]

Where do they come up with these original names?

I don’t listen to bands because they have cool names, I listen to bands because they make good music.

As if you really think that was what I was implying…

:cool;

djl33’s Some Of The Greatest Artists/Groups Of All Time

1. Wu-Tang Clan

1. Madlib

1. MF DOOM

1. J Dilla

1. Jay-Z

1. Nas

1. DJ Premier

1. Danger Mouse

1. Lupe Fiasco

1. Eminem

Other Favorites

Dr. Dre
Dr. Octagon
Talib Kweli
Mos Def
Common
Outkast
The Game
Kanye West
Jake One
Royce da 5’9"
Gorillaz
Percee P
Oh No

My favorite artists and bands also include all their side and solo projects. So, for example, Ghostface Killah’s solo work counts under Wu-Tang Clan, Quasimoto counts under Madlib, Danger Doom counts under Danger Mouse and MF DOOM, etc.

I’ll probably be updating this quite often (if I even get around to that). :stuck_out_tongue:

BEHOLD… it seems some people’s music tastes… are vinyl.

I wonder if VHS will be next. Eh? Eh? :thinking: