Movies ✪

[quote=“sbf717”]MI 2 lead to this

and for that I’m eternally grateful but yeah MI3 and Ghost are way better.[/quote]

That’s actually the first Mission Impossible.

… hmmmm upon further studying it seems like I’ve never watched MI: 2 :lol

Consider yourself lucky. :smiley:

Man of Steel blu-ray is on sale for $9.99 at Best Buy this week. Buy it! :I

Ohh, ten bucks. I need to get tht then. If amazon matches it, I’ll pick up the Camelot season 1 too.
I still need to get wolverine. Just got fast and furious 6 so I might watch it this Thursday

Or get the Wolverine extended cut. Much better superhero movie.

[quote=“Andrex”]

Or get the Wolverine extended cut. Much better superhero movie.[/quote]

Idc what anybody says, Man of Steel was one of my top 3 movies of the year hands down. I know you hated it (or didn’t like, hate is a strong word) Andrex but something about it to me was profound.

Wolverine I will prob wait months for it to drop. I am a bit weary of that, Origins hurt, it hurt BAD. This one does look better though. I’d rather see. Man of Steel again first honestly.

[quote=“NorthStarKen”]

Idc what anybody says, Man of Steel was one of my top 3 movies of the year hands down. I know you hated it (or didn’t like, hate is a strong word) Andrex but something about it to me was profound.

Wolverine I will prob wait months for it to drop. I am a bit weary of that, Origins hurt, it hurt BAD. This one does look better though. I’d rather see. Man of Steel again first honestly.[/quote]

God Kenneth we seem to disagree a lot today I don’t like it :sad;

Man of Steel isn’t even in the top 5 for me but it is in the top 10. Wolverine isn’t in the top 5 either so take solace in that I guess.

At 10 bucks it’s a good buy though.

I’m going to see the new Hobbit Tuesday YAY! Dragon! RAWR!!

Yeah idk what is going on, usually we agree on many things lol

You know, Amazon HAD Camelot for $10.98 for like four days. Then this morning, it went to $13.49.

Man of Steel was a good movie, but not a great movie. Feels a lot less like the classic Superman and more like two aliens fist fighting each other to the 3rd act of “Transformers: Dark of the Moon.”

Honesty, I would say to pick up the original and the Donner cut of the sequel… but they’re actually not in print right now. Weird, being that I have two copies of each.

Wolverine Extended Cut… give or take, it’s not all that different (or better) than the theatrical release. You could watch either and not really feel like you’re missing or gaining much.

[quote=“spooie”]

People give Tom Cruise a hard time generally for three reasons… he’s a Scientologist, he’s outspoken, and he jumped on a couch once. [/quote]

You forgot 1 thing.

Matt Lauer.

That sealed his fate.

Oh. And his laugh. His face gets all crazy, his mouth contorted grotesquely, and it all starts to get a bit scary. Slo-mo grants him no favors. NONE.

Tom Cruise is awesome now though. He’s like Martha Stewart. He did stupid shit but then shut up and did his craft for a while and now people see him as semi-humbled (whether he is or not…)

Saw Desolation of Smaug. Really, really fun movie. Glad I gave it a chance. Smaug seemed a bit cartoony CGI but, it never bothered me. The whole encounter between him and Bilbo was fantastic. And, as much as I nerd raged about Legalos being in the movie, most all his scenes were highly entertaining. wasn’t a big fan of the “love triangle” that gets shoehorned in but that’s my only real complaint about the movie. talk more about it when more people have seen it.

I miss living near a theater.

Part 2 of The Hobbit did not live up to my expectations. The 3D effect was mostly superfluous, though that was to be expected. The version I saw was running at an ungodly 48fps, which made it look like it was in fast forward during action scenes. There was also a lack of filtering, which made everything so clear and crisp that you could tell sets were sets and CG was CG. These two things ruined the cinematic look of the film and reduced it to a BBC television series.

The film itself had far more gravitas than the first one due to the prominence of elven characters and a more consistently somber tone. Having Legolas back was a big plus. The action scenes were more consistently fulfilling simply because the elves are so powerful and stylish. Having said that, I seemed to enjoy this one a lot less than part 1.

48fps fails to serve film. I prefer 24fps and I hear there is a version of this film that runs at that speed. If so, that’s the only one I could bear if I ever view it again.

I found a great article about this HFR issue: gizmodo.com/5969817/the-hobbit-a … -fps-fails

Wait, so Legolas wasn’t in The Hobbit book? I never read the books or saw the Hobbit movie but did not know that. Movies really ARE a cash grab.

There is actually some debate wither or not Legolas was part of The Battle of the Five Armies. Some say he was while other say he wasn’t.

The movies are padded out as fuck with a lot of stuff that wasn’t in the book. I understood the original decision to split it into two parts, but three was definitely a cash grab and nothing else.

Big Hollywood films are made to sell. Although it’s funny when they fuck up the marketing after spending all of that money on making the thing. The ill-fated John Carter is a good example of a film that had all of the cynically combined ingredients and still failed due to shitty marketing. Great movie, though. Really fantastic.

[quote=“Teh_Sarge”]
The movies are padded out as fuck with a lot of stuff that wasn’t in the book. I understood the original decision to split it into two parts, but three was definitely a cash grab and nothing else.[/quote]

At least it’s a lead up to The Battle of the Five Armies. To think, the Battle of the Five Armies lasted two pages.