Movies

Names mean nothing. What someone is called by others does not define who they are. Besides, change two words in it doesn’t matter. Case in point, no one complained that Tom Cruise wasn’t Japanese in Edge of Tomorrow.

The main character was originally Keiji Kiriya. Through the magic of hollywood, he became William Cage. Yet, no whitewashing accusations there. Everyone just loooooooooooves the movie, no questions asked.

Again. Double-standard. People just to be selective when it is something they want to bitch about. If people don’t hold everyone to the same standard, they shouldn’t hold anyone to the standard as, by default, no standard thus exists. And when they do try to mix and match, it gives them ZERO credibility.

Personally, I prefer Rebecca Ferguson, but that’s me. :stuck_out_tongue:

“The name ‘Motoko Kusanagi’ and her current body are not her original name and body, so there is no basis for saying that an Asian actress must portray her. Even if her original body (presuming such a thing existed) were a Japanese one, that would still apply.”

Alright. Well, there you have it.

My Wild at Heart blu-ray arrived today despite tomorrow being its release date. A David Lynch movie I have been wanting to see.

Don’t like slashers, but Freddy vs Jason was awesome. I also have the Freddy Vs Jason vs Ash book. Shame it wasn’t made.

I honestly never thought Star Wars was anything more than bubblegum entertainment, but, you know… this intrigues me at least a little…

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

:thinking:

Would bubblegum entertainment have the legions of fans that it has? Doesn’t matter. Disney killed it.

Star Wars has been dying since Lucas refused to stop altering it.

Star Wars was never alive since nothing matters unless you have a connection to one family in the whole fucking Galaxy.

Twilight. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well comparing Star Wars to Twilight is just whack dude. Can you define bubblegum for me? I think we have different thoughts on it lol

Wild at Heart isn’t… super great. But it is entertaining and watchable.

My last two Lynch pics are Inland Empire and Straight Story, and whoo boy do they sound completely different from each other. :lol:

Indeed lol Have you seen Blue Velvet?

And how was Inland Empire?

“Bubblegum” as in something you chew to pass the time. It tastes good while you chew it, can reduce your hunger and you’ll have fun blowing bubbles… but when all is said and done and you’re ready to spit it out, it has since lost its flavor and has had little lasting effect. It may have served its purpose, but eventually you’ll need to consume something with nutritional value.

It is like Episode 7. My god, I heard all this amazing stuff about Episode 7. I watched it. Stuff happened. It was fun to see, although they really didn’t do much or explain anything. Then it ended. I haven’t thought about it since.

That feels like how I see movies (and play some games) nowadays.

Blue Velvet is great! It’s not my fave Lynch work but it is for a lot of people.

Haven’t seen Inland Empire, as I said. :grimacing:

My bad, I read it as the latest two you saw were those for some reason lol Oopsie.

But yeah I really like Blue Velvet.

Been catching up on Marvel movies. Saw Spider-Man Homecoming, Thor Ragnarok and Black Panther over the past week. All were pretty great. Next, hopefully Sunday, Infinity War!

watch it RIGHT NOW