Motion Controls

All three consoles have their own unique form of motion controls this year. I can really see each one working in it’s own way really well. 2009 is the year of the motion control. And the best part is, I have no qualms about which is better because they’re all so different from one another.

I’m actually starting to care about motion controls.

Not totally different really, Sony’s is very close to Wii Motion Plus. I am glad though to see Sony putting it to uses I’ve wanted to see on the Wii since it’s launch (FPRPG).

I’m kinda glad MS went totaly different, more choices there, though I’m sure we’ll see it all come together on next gen’s consoles.

Microsoft: People control. lol (its what they wanted all along to control us)

Didn’t Sony ALREADY come out with a Motion Controller? I’m pretty sure it was called the Sixaxis… and you could play top rated LAIR with it.

Don’t start! We all know the sixaxis was not full motion control like the Wii right?

The patch actually fixed that. From what I hear, it’s pretty damn good now.

I played it post patch (borrowed from a friend). I dunno how bad it was pre patch but it’s certainly not great post patch. I gave up after about 30-40 minutes of playing.

I played it pre-patch and the controls were the least of that game’s problem >.>

But this is great because now developers aren’t limited to one console and games like Mad World can become multi-platform and make more money.

I’m REALLY excited by the intense ONE TO ONE motion controls by the Sony device. I can already see Red Steel 3 and Tiger Woods 2011 using it. But they said Spring 2010 so they must have some stuff already lined up.

HEY maybe Wii Motion Plus titles will get ported to PSN on the cheap. They could just upres them a bit and sell them for $20. I’d buy it in a heartbeat!

Games like Red Steel 2! and Crystal Bearers! and even older titles like MadWorld! and House of the Dead Overkill!

Thanks Sony now I don’t ever need a Wii now. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[SPOILER]80% of the that post is meant to frustrate and annoy Drex D=[/SPOILER]

[quote=“sbf717”]I played it pre-patch and the controls were the least of that game’s problem >.>

But this is great because now developers aren’t limited to one console and games like Mad World can become multi-platform and make more money.

I’m REALLY excited by the intense ONE TO ONE motion controls by the Sony device. I can already see Red Steel 3 and Tiger Woods 2011 using it. But they said Spring 2010 so they must have some stuff already lined up.

HEY maybe Wii Motion Plus titles will get ported to PSN on the cheap. They could just upres them a bit and sell them for $20. I’d buy it in a heartbeat!

Games like Red Steel 2! and Crystal Bearers! and even older titles like MadWorld! and House of the Dead Overkill!

Thanks Sony now I don’t ever need a Wii now. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[SPOILER]80% of the that post is meant to frustrate and annoy Drex D=[/SPOILER][/quote]

Hes…hes in hiding.

[quote=“sbf717”]I played it pre-patch and the controls were the least of that game’s problem >.>

80% of the that post is meant to frustrate and annoy Drex D=

LOLZ. You were one of the bigger opponents against motion control. Now that Sony has it I guess you have to stop whining.

Excuse me, but I believe the late Phil Harrison said during the revealing of the controller at E3 2006, and I quote, “It’s not what it looks like. It’s what it does. Now, I want you to watch this very, very carefully. Look at what I’m doing. I lift of the controller and it flies. This controller has six degrees of freedom, built into it as standard, with no external sensor required. So I can move this controller in six degrees of freedom, using my hands as the entire input device. This standard feature controller will be packed in with every Playstation 3. This controller allows me to really unlock the most incredible fluid movement in games, and for the game controller to really become part of my own body, but, be based upon our industry de facto controller interface, which has been enjoyed by hundreds of millions of people over the years.”

To which Harrison would sexily fondle the controller while demonstrating it’s amazing powers over the control of a rubber duck, stating “And you can see me moving it around, but I’ve also got more movement where I can toss it up in the air, and this is all built into the controller’s XYZ and pitch roll and your lateral motion. Now this controller, being bluetooth, being wireless, is actually lighter than the analog controller shipped with Playstation 2.” Asked for his final thoughts, he stated that “It feels incredibly intuitive and I’m very excited not just for what this means for our game developers, but I’m so excited for what this means for the consumer and their experience of the Playstation 3. I think it’s a fantastic innovation.”

Dylan Jobe, who came out to show off a level of Warhawk that no one ever played, because it was ripped from the game, with controls that I have never once used, and I play the game endlessly, stating “It’s incredibly exhilarating. The team and I are incredibly impressed with the sensitivity, the weight. Everything about this new controller is what we were hoping for the Playstation 3, and it marks an interesting moment for us, it allows us to change from very static control mechanics to very kinetic control mechanics, and as a developer and a gamer, I’m incredibly excited about this possibility.”

So… you know. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well now that you brought up E306…

I just hope it doesn’t completely replace buttons. I’d like to play a game using a bow and arrow like they showed in Sony’s conference, but I still like the traditional controls for some arcade-style games.

If it doesn’t mostly replace buttons it can’t go anywhere hence why most Wii games aren’t going to heavy on the classic controller. Its also why Wiimotion plus is Mandatory for some games. Microsoft and Sony are going to have to start making it the default unless they really don’t care about it.

I like the Natal menu browsing thing alot for the dashboard too if nothing else. No more lost remote!

or batteries.

Too little, too late in my opinion.

I’ll keep my thoughts simply and quick for a change but will gladly go into more detail if people really end up caring:

Natal: It looks interesting and I feel there’s plenty of potential here. However, I’m weary about how well it will actually work. Personally, I felt the revealing of it made it seem too perfect…I’m not sold that it will be as interactive as Microsoft is trying to lead people to believe.

Nonetheless, it is impressive but hey…It’s simply not for me.

Whatever the hell Sony’s thing was…Yeah I missed it due to a power outage and haven’t looked it up yet. So I don’t really have anything to say.

Wii Plus: (That’s what it is called right?) To me, this is what the Wii should have been to begin with. So while it does it’s job well, I can’t help but be a bit bitter towards it since…Well…This is what it should have been all along. All the Wii games should have been playable like this from the beginning instead of them releasing a peripheral years later.

Over all, I don’t mind the change to motion control gaming. I think there’s potential here and we could see quite a few solid, good games be released for any three of the systems that fulfills the need of that systems particular control style.

However, I’m also not overly excited about any of this.