Know what I like about the DS that the PSP annoys the hell out of me with?

When I turn on my DS, it is ready to go. It’s charged, and it doesn’t require an update. I just put the game in and start playing and it’s where I want it to be.

PSP on the otherhand… if I don’t charge it every other day, the battery, for some strange reason, and it has done this since I bought the thing, will drain out and I’ll have to recharge it. No matter what I do, I have to recharge it every couple days.

To make things worse, now it’s completely resetting, requiring me to input the date and time from scratch. Why it does this, I do not know. If it’s an issue with the battery itself, then it further reinforces my point.

But, okay, fine. I’ll recharge it. And, while I recharge it, I’ll play one of the new games I have. So I pop in the new game. Oh… wait a second… it tells me I can’t play the new game. Why can I not play the game? Because I have X.X01 version installed, and I need to install X.X03 version to play it.

Okay, fine. I’ll install the new version. CLICKY.

wait.

wait.

wait.

wait.

wait

wait.

Would I like to install the thing? @#$% yeah, why else would I have clicked on the damn thing and waited 3 minutes for it to load? Let’s install this damned thing and get to the game.

Wait… what? What is this? I CAN’T install? I can’t install the damned new version of the firmware that you DEMAND that I install because the system battery is “too low” ? The same battery that, for reasons unknown, likes to drain itself empty every couple days? The same battery that has a constant and consistent source of energy running to it as I read this, because it’s plugged in?

So, great. First you drain my battery. Then you make me re-set up the system. Then you tell me I can’t even play my game I bought until I upgrade the system. Then you tell me I CAN’T upgrade the system right now.

You know what? I have a DS sitting right next to you, Mr. PSP. And I have better games to play, too. :neutral_face:

Never really had those problems.

The only hole in your argument is that you can’t fix glitches in DS games.

This.

Also, get a new battery.

Also, get Custom Firmware. I don’t have CFW, but I’m going to hack it so it can use CFW.

I agree, however I find the system updates are worth it, there’s some great things that came from system updates.

But your right on one point, the DS has better games.

Well, it’s a good thing I haven’t FOUND any Glitches in a DS game yet.

I can only think of 2 games that I know have problems in them on the DS, and I own neither of them.

As for getting a new battery… shouldn’t the one I bought with the system you know, actually WORK on the system? I know that since I’ve bought the system, I have not put in more than a grande total of 30 hours on that battery, ever.

And as far as Sony issues go… the same thing can be said for the PS3 and it’s excessive need of making you upgrade your firmware for 20 minutes every 3 weeks for some random new thing they added that will likely only be used buy a third of a fraction of a tenth of all owners.

If the battery was like that from the start you should have called Sony and gotten it replaced shile it was still under warranty

As for the updating with low batt… It wasnt always like that they added that b/c if you lose power during a firmware upgrade your system is bricked.

Time and date can be set through the internet actually. Should be in Time and date settings

PS3 fireware was just changed t0 where you dont have to install minor updates. Like you will not be prompted to download 2.8 unless you go to System Update and do it manually. So this should cut the firmwares required in half.

so was this more or less a thread saying “Sony just stop already Nintendo wins”??

You’re such a fanboy it hurts me physically.

arrrgh just NVM

Hey, hey, now.

Microsoft is alright too. :stuck_out_tongue:

And, no, this thread is about my complaints of the PSP earlier today. Feel free to read the body of text I wrote AFTER the thread title.

:smiley:

_> my god your an idiot

Plz dont turn out like nothere he is an idiot

[quote=“spooie”]Hey, hey, now.

Microsoft is alright too. :stuck_out_tongue:

And, no, this thread is about my complaints of the PSP earlier today. Feel free to read the body of text I wrote AFTER the thread title.

:smiley:[/quote]

I did read the whole thing and from everything you said it seemed like you were just mad as hell at Sony for sucking. Thats why I asked the question…so yeah.

I rest my case.

Well, no. Sony does things that annoy me, just as Nintendo and Microsoft do things that annoy me. :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Your battery is dying, has been since you bought it.

2. The PSP and DS both have awesome libraries; if people would just look for the damn games they would find them. [/Aimed at Mad Savage]

[quote=“Little_Goten”]1. Your battery is dying, has been since you bought it.

1. The PSP and DS both have awesome libraries; if people would just look for the damn games they would find them. [/Aimed at Mad Savage][/quote]

Hey I never said anything was wrong with the PSP! Jesus cant people tell the difference between a question and statement??

[quote=“JPjuice23”]This.

Also, get a new battery.

Also, get Custom Firmware. I don’t have CFW, but I’m going to hack it so it can use CFW.

I agree, however I find the system updates are worth it, there’s some great things that came from system updates.[/quote]

nvm

Bill Murray was awesome.

/off-topic

[quote=“The_Juno”]Bill Murray was awesome.

/off-topic[/quote]

No, seriously… that sentence didn’t make any sense.

This. Wtf is that sentence you produced.