I'm Thinkin E3...

Best memories? Thoughts?

from the good old days, you know, when G4 only marginally blew(man I loved this)
[youtube]fysno8xdJWo&hl=en&fs=1http://www.youtube.com/v/fysno8xdJWo&hl=en&fs=1[/youtube]

I was so hyped for E3 2006 it was unbelievable. Nintendo had been saying since the previous E3 they were going to blow the lid off the Revolution, then Wii, at their E3 conference. I remember the date to this day, Tuesday May 9th, 2006. I know because I left school early that day to go watch it streaming through GameSpot. I watched this video unceasingly for most of April and up until E3.

Keep in mind until this point, the only Wii screenshots of any Wii game were the just-before-E3 revealed bullshots of Red Steel in Game Informer’s April 2006 issue. We had no idea what to expect. We only knew of like four Wii games in development at all (Smash Bros. and Metroid Prime 3 being the only ones I remember Nintendo confirming before this event.)

Then it started.

Zelda: Twilight Princess became a dual Wii launch title and GameCube release. Red Steel was demo’d, showing destructible environments and “gangsta style” shooting- swordplay was nowhere to be seen. Metroid Prime 3 was demo’d. Graphics and flow were incredible.

A clip show played that slowly revealed more Wii games throughout the conference: Sonic. Super Monkey Ball. Crystal Chronicles. Disaster. Project HAMMER. Rayman Raving Rabbids. And, and then…

Super Mario Galaxy. I yelped a bit when this was shortly shown.

DS was also in full force: Diddy Kong Racing. Star Fox Command. Yoshi’s Island 2!

Twilight Princess was then demo’d with amazing intuitive bow and arrow controls. Then, WiiSports. We learned about WiiConnect24 and an “always on” console.

The best gaming event of my life, I actually have the entire conference saved to my laptop for occasional viewing. And of course, it was the last “real” E3, and definitely the last one where Nintendo “delivered”. With this year’s E3 being a more return to form, I’m also hopeful it will also be Nintendo’s as well. But I’m only hoping, and not expecting.

Sony’s E3 '06 conference was amazing, for all the wrong reasons.

And who cares about Nintendo’s conference, this year is the year of the fighters! New info on King of Fighters 12!! That’s my only expectation for this E3.

[quote=“Little_Goten”]Sony’s E3 '06 conference was amazing, for all the wrong reasons.

And who cares about Nintendo’s conference, this year is the year of the fighters! New info on King of Fighters 12!! That’s my only expectation for this E3.[/quote]

Because this E3 will determine so many things for Nintendo and the Wii.

“Without it we would be powerless. Without it, we would leave the fate of our world to chance. You have no choice, you must not fail.”

[quote=“Andrex”]Because this E3 will determine so many things for Nintendo and the Wii.

“Without it we would be powerless. Without it, we would leave the fate of our world to chance. You have no choice, you must not fail.”[/quote]

The Wii’s gonna sell well regardless of what hardcore gamers want, quite honestly. I just want a freaking Kirby game for the Wii already. Doesn’t even need to be as epic as Super Star, just needs to be good.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Nintendo won’t even do that. Instead they’d rather profit off of Wii Fit and other casual stuff.

tl;dr: My support for Nintendo has been in a steady freefall since the last E3.

You DO know what tl;dr means, right?

Because you just used it out of context…

[quote=“nothere413”]You DO know what tl;dr means, right?

Because you just used it out of context…[/quote]

Too Long; Didn’t Read. =\

Then you were referring to Trex’s mindless drabble?

[quote=“Little_Goten”]The Wii’s gonna sell well regardless of what hardcore gamers want, quite honestly. I just want a freaking Kirby game for the Wii already. Doesn’t even need to be as epic as Super Star, just needs to be good.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Nintendo won’t even do that. Instead they’d rather profit off of Wii Fit and other casual stuff.

tl;dr: My support for Nintendo has been in a steady freefall since the last E3.[/quote]

That’s why this E3 is important. It will show what they’ll be focusing on for the remainder of this gen.

For the record I do think it’s probably we’ll see Kirby Wii there.

tl,dr: ur wrong

It’s so cute to watch you defend a company that may or may not care what you think…

You kidding? They don’t care what I think, I know that. Doesn’t matter to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

E3 06 sold me on the 360, as of just the day before I was planning on getting a Wii and PS3, and that’s it. Then came Sony’s conference, and MS showed off a great line up (plus I was already really drooling over Oblivion) and those two things sold me on switching which console to get first.

I’m hoping for some unexpected suprises out of this year’s E3, since I’m 99% sure we won’t hear even rumors of next gen til next year at the earliest, and I already know we’ll get news on my most anticipated game (ME2).

My “Outta Left Field” checklist:
Kid Icarus
GRAW 3
LA Noir (full showing)
BG&E 2 (full showing)
Molyneux’s next game
DSiware Animal Crossing travel game (meshes with AC:CF)
360 Avatar “lounge space” (aka MS mini Home)
Improved Chat/chat groupings for PS3 (aka Parties)
Some sort of Zelda or Mario teaser Trailer (ok, that’s expected)

<_<

And why is that they don’t care what their core fans think?

For one they’re a multinational corperation with billions in cash reserves.

For two they’ve never cared. The only instance they’ve ever listened to fans was on Twilight Princess’s direction.

No company really does they all sort of do but making money is going to come first for all of them. Anyways I’m sure Nintendo will show some stuff some of you won’t be happy with. Either way I’d like for Nintendo to show a surprise or footage from Mario or Zelda or something but who knows what they’ll do. I’m sure they’ll put out more stuff catered towards more of the hardcore crowd since people have been complaining and the executives have heard it particularly Iwata has been saying he’s noticed.

I know that. I just wanted to see Trex say it.

Pfft I’ve known since day one dude. I didn’t go into this thinking Nintendo was my mommy or something. I knew the rules. :stuck_out_tongue: