IGN's MadWorld Review

http://wii.ign.com/articles/960/960344p1.html

[quote=“IGN”]I realize that not everybody will find MadWorld’s unique visual and aural presentation appealing, but to me, the game is an instant collector’s item and a Wii showpiece, not just for its amazing style, but for its label-busting content. Anybody who says Nintendo’s console is just for kids will see things very differently after a few chainsaw- induced mutilations. More importantly, though, MadWorld does not place emphasis on style over gameplay, so there’s plenty of fun, smart mechanics to back up the overwhelmingly slick look and sound of the title.

9.5 Presentation
Absolutely stunning presentation headlined by amazingly stylized graphics and audio. The look is bold, the commentary hilarious. Great story, too. Lacks leader board and online options.

9.5 Graphics
Drop-dead gorgeous art style that’s altogether new to the videogame arena and great tech to back it up. Characters and locales constantly wow and the rivers of blood never looked better.

9.0 Sound
Had it not been for some repetitive in-game dialog, we’d have given this a perfect score. The punchy sound effects, hilarious commentary and awesome soundtrack all come together brilliantly.

8.5 Gameplay
Not just blood and guts. Great, smart gameplay controls and hilariously gross mid-level challenges all complemented by epic boss fights. Camera system, though, could use some tweaking.

7.0 Lasting Appeal
You’ll blast through normal difficulty in five or six hours, which is short. But you can come back for the ridiculously challenging hard mode or two-player split-screen challenges.

9.0 OVERALL
Outstanding
(out of 10 / not an average)

[/quote]

Isn’t this like three times their God Hand score? :Q MadWorld > > > God Hand confirmed!

[ign]14253678[/ign]

Still looks like shit to me. IGN is bad at reviews and everyone knows that.

you think everything thats not a tales of game looks like shit . . .

Shut up, W2…

Just because I like Tales games, you and Chad think that’s all I play.

[SPOILER]Actually, Chad thinks all I play is TF2[/SPOILER]

Ironically, those are the games that MOST look like shit. :lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Says the kid who played about 1/2 an hour of Symphonia and gave up.

AND the same kid who thinks Final Fantasy III DS is “too hard”.

Though. I will admit that I’m a bit biased towards SEGA.

They’ve let me down one time too many.

I haven’t actually played Symphonia. :stuck_out_tongue: OWNED!

Have you gotten to Wily’s Castle in MM2 or MM9? No? Then stfu, you know nothing about “hard games”. :lol

My comment wasn’t that FF3 was too hard, it’s that it was poorly designed and archaic. Having to restart the game because you used a key item in battle instead of on the overworld is just bad game design.

[quote=“nothere413”]Though. I will admit that I’m a bit biased towards SEGA.

They’ve let me down one time too many.[/quote]

This game has almost nothing to do with Sega, they’re just publishing it. :lol The devs are from Capcom mostly.

[quote=“Andrex”]I haven’t actually played Symphonia. :stuck_out_tongue: OWNED!
[/quote]

You said that you did a while back. :frown;

I’ve yet to play Megaman 9.

You said it was too hard, too.

I still hate the color scheme. (Or rather lack thereof)

Nope… :mischief;

Owned! :stuck_out_tongue:

I rarely classify RPG’s as “hard”. With enough time spent grinding and looting you can become unstoppable; RPGs take very little skill usually, and I’m sure I’ll beat FF3 eventually this way.

Me too intially. Couldn’t tell wtf was going on. However, I can’t ignore a 9.0 from IGN. If the gameplay is that good I really need to give it a shot.

But Madworld is Godhand! :Q

It’s made by the same team and with the same concept: an over exaggeration of a genre.

Anyway, renting it for now because I’m tight with money but I’ll probably buy it eventually.

[quote=“Kumiko”]But Madworld is Godhand! :Q

It’s made by the same team and with the same concept: an over exaggeration of a genre.

Anyway, renting it for now because I’m tight with money but I’ll probably buy it eventually.[/quote]

You’re part of the problem. :argh You want Platinum to go under just like Clover?

Or even worse… they could get bought up by EA! :frowning:

EA ain’t bad nowadays, it’s Ubi you have to worry about. :stuck_out_tongue: And even then, they’re decent as a publisher.

Hey, man, I’m going to buy it. It just needs to wait a paycheck because I don’t want to go under like Clover?

(Gah! Clover…Why!? :frowning: )

[quote=“Kumiko”]But Madworld is Godhand! :Q

Anyway, renting it for now because I’m tight with money but I’ll probably buy it eventually.[/quote]

death on roller skates >>> gay dudes in thawng >,>

and shame on you and stuff for the later part

i doubt you dont 3 games you should get rid of . . . shame . . .

[quote=“SCIco_Draken”]death on roller skates >>> gay dudes in thawng >,>

and shame on you and stuff for the later part

i doubt you dont 3 games you should get rid of . . . shame . . .[/quote]

I’ve got at least two of them I might get rid of but I’d only get like $4…

Damn it wish I had preordered didn’t think it was gonna be this good! :frowning:

I never preorder games…

Besides, this is [strike]pseudo-[/strike]Clover, do you really think copies are gonna fly off shelves? :stuck_out_tongue: Especially with people like Kumi… which come to think of it is worse because she can influence buyers! :Q Or de-influence, in her case. She must really hate Platinum. :neutral_face:

[quote=“Andrex”]I never preorder games…

Besides, this is [strike]pseudo-[/strike]Clover, do you really think copies are gonna fly off shelves? :stuck_out_tongue: Especially with people like Kumi… which come to think of it is worse because she can influence buyers! :Q Or de-influence, in her case. She must really hate Platinum. :neutral_face:[/quote]

she doesnt want to see his masters dance . . .

[quote=“Andrex”]I never preorder games…

Besides, this is [strike]pseudo-[/strike]Clover, do you really think copies are gonna fly off shelves? :stuck_out_tongue: Especially with people like Kumi… which come to think of it is worse because she can influence buyers! :Q Or de-influence, in her case. She must really hate Platinum. :neutral_face:[/quote]

The game seem like it might sell with the big guy on the cover and lots of blood and gore its perfect for americans.