Idea for the Epic

I probably would have just waited for Andrex to get on and talk about this in the chat room, but I figured it would be easier to explain it here.

Alright, I get that it was original meant to be a Flash animated movie (for the lack of a better description) and I believe I recall Andrex saying that the reason it was on hold was due to needing an animator to work on. Well, instead of making it animated, why not make it what it actually is? A web comic.

It would cut down the amount of time it would be to make an episode (or issue or installment or chapter…Whatever you want to call it) since having a panel by panel comic wouldn’t require any animation. Though you could always include some animated effects if you wanted to; especially for one or two panel comics or maybe titles or count downs until the next “series”. (I’m not really sure what the story for the Epic was again…So I can’t think of any examples.)

You could release it weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly- maybe have a schedule like how some web comics release an installment every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. (Though of course you can pick whatever days you want, that’s just an example.)

So there’s an idea that I thought about pitching. I know it might not be exactly what you wanted but hey, maybe its worth considering.

Ah, the thought occurred to me. In fact, that was the official “party-line” description for it from around November 2007 to March 2008.

The problems with this approach are many-fold:[ul]
[li]The webcomic form is limited for what I want to achieve. I wish I could go into detail, but that’s the general primary reason.[/li]
[li]I’d have to script write and draw. Instead of relying on a third party for most of the work, I’d be doing it all, and as nothere mentioned I’m horrible with managing projects.[/li]
[li]I am also a horrible artist. Given enough time and effort, I can do something passable, but I don’t want a good idea marred by my artistic skills.[/li][/ul]

The Epic in some form has been in production on some level almost two and a half full years. I believe I’ve thought about every significant way to bring it to life, and have exhausted most apparent possibilities. If it comes down to it, bringing it to life as a webcomic is better than nothing, and with my back to the wall it may be time to make that decision.

In a few months you should know.

So what is it that you’re trying to achieve exactly? Perhaps I can offer some advice.

A little unknown fact about me is that I use to write and draw a comic. Mind you I was only about twelve or thirteen at the time, but still, I have the experience. I use to make it for some friends and I to read and had a detailed plan on how I was going to achieve 100 issues with it. (Though I my motivation stopped when they moved away. It’s been sitting unfinished in my closet for the past six years, sitting untouched at what I think was the end of Season Six.)

Now I’m not much of an artist, but when it comes to scripts, development of both plot and character, and breaking down a story to make it fit to a certain scene, I might be able to help a bit. As crazy as it sounds, I honestly view most of my writing as a “movie” in my mind before I write it out, which is why if you read any of my work, I focus a lot on the description of settings, characters’ appearances, and even facial expressions.

[quote=“Kumiko”]So what is it that you’re trying to achieve exactly? Perhaps I can offer some advice.

A little unknown fact about me is that I use to write and draw a comic. Mind you I was only about twelve or thirteen at the time, but still, I have the experience. I use to make it for some friends and I to read and had a detailed plan on how I was going to achieve 100 issues with it. (Though I my motivation stopped when they moved away. It’s been sitting unfinished in my closet for the past six years, sitting untouched at what I think was the end of Season Six.)

Now I’m not much of an artist, but when it comes to scripts, development of both plot and character, and breaking down a story to make it fit to a certain scene, I might be able to help a bit. As crazy as it sounds, I honestly view most of my writing as a “movie” in my mind before I write it out, which is why if you read any of my work, I focus a lot on the description of settings, characters’ appearances, and even facial expressions.[/quote]

Ah, me too. I think everyone does. Not to bash your plot/character skills, but I think I got it almost perfect when I relaunched the series internally last summer.

I’ll PM you the first two scripts. It’s probably darker than what you’d thought it would be.

Hey, there’s no reason to tell me to back off. As the creator, you have the right to uphold any opiniond on it’s quality due to it being your work and your passion.

I’m not extremely talented or a professional anyway. That’s why I’m going to college…

…Eventually…

Ah ha! An example!

I was thinking that something like the picture above might work. Some panels are just pictures while others have some animation.

Yeah, if I was going to do an webcomic it’d be animated.

Now I have a lot to think about.