I want to get a badass PC for gaming.

I have been missing out on PC games for years and I finally have some expendable cash so I want to get a new PC for gaming only any suggestions?

Last year I bought my computer from http://www.ibuypower.com/ for 600 with their weekly special deal and I haven’t had a problem yet.

Money limit?

I’m willing to spend a grand.

Just go to newegg.com and custom build one.

You’ll get better quality for less money.

So, you’ll basically be paying 1k for a 1.5k computer.

^This one

If you have an old box just upgrade it. Get a new video card, processor, maybe a new HD, and upgrade your RAM. You should have a pretty well built machine after that, those are the main parts needed for gaming.

I’m looking at building too. My 8 year old PC can’t be upgraded any farther without doing the board and cpu, and at that point, it’s basically a new PC anyways. I might even set one up and play around with Windows 7since I could use it as a free OS for a year.

Yeah I’m looking at both newegg and ibuypower atm. I like what I see stuff is at pretty good prices.

For 1k then u can get yourself a pretty bad ass comp. My brothers just recently spent $900 on his comp and man it straight hauls ass…he uses DDR3 ram…there is alot of computer mumbo jumbo involved. Yeah try New Egg, Tiger Direct, Ibuypower, Cyberpowerpc, all those are great sources for gaming computers and there components.

Thanks man I cant wait!

U gotta keep in mind that if u dont have an install disc for ur OS then ur gonna need to buy one. They are typically $100

uhh…no…you don’t, if you buy a computer the OS is already installed, if you make your own computer, then you need to buy an OS(which can be advantageous, since you get to choose which one…I.E. not vista)

XP > Vista

well to get a kick ass comp that will cost only $900 it will be a custom PC with no OS lol oh yeah and XP is WAY better than vista also remember that XP will oly recognize 2.5 gigs of ram

Unless you get 64-bit XP which has horrible driver compatitabilty and stability problems.

tru

Vista actually beat XP in a few benchmarks a while back. It barely deserved the hate when it launched and definitely doesn’t anymore. Besides, the Vista driver model will be used in most future Windows operating systems. The XP model is horrible outdated and doesn’t even have true 64-bit support for greater than 2 gigs of RAM.

Yeah, but windows 7 is greater than xp and vista.

The RC build has been leaked for a couple months, been using it since days of leak, haven’t had a single error yet.

7 is Vista, that’s the thing. You’ve all bought into all the Vista hate without realizing wtf you’re all talking about. :lol

Windows 2000 used Windows NT. It wasn’t pretty, but it was a break from the past and allowed Windows to evolve. Windows XP was 2000 dressed up in a more consumer friendly skin.

Windows Vista is the same as 2000 was, and 7 is the same as XP was. A prettier UI on top of a new foundation forged by its predecessor. The internal structure is more than 95% the same between them.

[quote=“Andrex”]7 is Vista, that’s the thing. You’ve all bought into all the Vista hate without realizing wtf you’re all talking about. :lol

Windows 2000 used Windows NT. It wasn’t pretty, but it was a break from the past and allowed Windows to evolve. Windows XP was 2000 dressed up in a more consumer friendly skin.

Windows Vista is the same as 2000 was, and 7 is the same as XP was. A prettier UI on top of a new foundation forged by its predecessor. The internal structure is more than 95% the same between them.[/quote]

I will get whatever works best for games sound like Vista.