GDC 2009 - Iwata een bomb zal droppen

Normally I wouldn’t post this thread, but I just feel there’s so much announced that everyone can find at least one thing they like about it.

[ul][li]50 million Wii consoles have been sold worldwide, making it the fastest-selling game hardware in history.[/li]
[li]New Wii firmware update available today, making available the “SD Menu”. This channel is SDHC-compatible, meaning up to 32 GB can be used. Download/run Virtual Console and WiiWare games directly from it.[/li]
[li]Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Dark Lord hitting WiiWare this year.[/li]
[li]Final Fantasy IV: The After Years due out this year.[/li]
[li]The original NES Final Fantasy is due to hit the Virtual Console in Japan this May, five more in the series will follow (IV is confirmed to be one of them).[/li]
[li]Virtual Console Arcade announced with Mappy, Space Harrier, Ishtar, Space Invaders and others from Namco-Bandai. These are available for download today.[/li]
[li]The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks is the Nintendo DS-bound sequel to Phantom Hourglass, and makes use of steampunk elements. It is scheduled for release this year.[/li][/ul]
Those are the most attention-worthy bits in my opinion, but feel free to discuss any aspect of Iwata’s keynote here. I just downloaded the firmware update and playing NES games from it is smooth as silk. I have yet to test large WiiWare games, however.

needs more raven blade . . .

Dude you could have made Raven Blade on your own in the amount of time you’ve been bitching about it. :lol

1. not bitching . . .

2 thats retro’s job. they need to stop being lavy fucks and get on raven blade and car combat and that action adventure game and that football game . . . good for nothing bastards . . .

Sequel to Phantom Hourglass? EWWWWW!!!

[quote=“SCIco_Draken”]1. not bitching . . .

2 thats retro’s job. they need to stop being lavy fucks and get on raven blade and car combat and that action adventure game and that football game . . . good for nothing bastards . . .[/quote]

Why don’t you march down there and stay a couple days in their shoes, and see if your opinion is the same after.

I know. :confused: Still a new game can be different.

I should find my PH cart, lost it after playing one level and never gave it a second thought…

And did you miss the whole FF4+After coming to VC/WiiWare…?

[quote=“Andrex”]Why don’t you march down there and stay a couple days in their shoes, and see if your opinion is the same after.
[/quote]

fuck their problems, i want mah raven blade :confused:

Nah. But, I don’t have very high hopes for this game. It’s a VERY unnecessary sequel. And if you’d played the orginal or remake, you’d know why I say that.

I don’t believe direct sequels should be made to most games. And if a sequel IS made, it should be just as good as, if not better than, the original.

Oh, so you’ve played it.

I said that as more of a closing statement. As in, if it’s not as good as the original, that I’ll be seriously pissed.

The real answer lied in the part where I said that I am usually against direct sequels.

MAPPY!!!

Hey look everyone! It’s Sargeant Spam!

One word posts, lol.

Play nice now, fellas.

pokes Andrex’s eyes

Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk.

slaps across the face while somehow hitting myself

Woop Woop Woop Woop Woop

[quote=“nothere413”]Hey look everyone! It’s Sargeant Spam!

One word posts, lol.[/quote]

HEY bitch I like that game :frowning: