Faith in Human Race: Dropping to sub-0%

[quote=“Edge”]The M-rated grindhouse film-inspired gore fest House of the Dead: Overkill has managed to make a modest bit of headway on the typically family-friendly Wii.

The light gun game from Sega and U.K.-based Headstrong Games sold 45K units during the month of February, NPD told Edge. The game launched February 10.

NPD analyst Anita Frazier said it landed around the 50th spot in the top-100 SKUs for the month in unit sales.

Sega’s lineup of M-rated Wii games includes House of the Dead: Overkill, Platinum Games’ MadWorld (launched in March) and June’s The Conduit, from High Voltage Software.

Sega of America has said that developers are missing an opportunity to cater to the hardcore gamers that have bought Wii, a console that Nintendo positions as typically family-friendly.

House of the Dead: Overkill recently earned a rather dubious honor from Guinness World Records as the “Most Profane Game.”[/quote]

Source

:argh :argh …:blue][color=Red]GRRR NERD RAGE[/B] :argh

NERD ACCEPTANCE :plain;

[color=Blue]…NERD SADNESS :frowning:

Awesome! Hopefully this means the price will drop soon. :smiley:

I love light gun games!

I actually really want this game but I’m not getting my Wii until May :frowning:. Hopefully I will still be able to find it by then.

My faith in the human race drops by 100% daily ever since I started working. I’ve been working for almost three years now so figure that’s 1,095 days which makes faith currently at around -109,500%. :slight_smile:

I’ve never had faith in the human race.

People as a whole are dumb.

[quote=“rsun”]Awesome! Hopefully this means the price will drop soon. :smiley:

I love light gun games![/quote]

Yeah, I think it’ll hit $30 in a few months and stay there for a long time like 2 & 3 Return.

[quote=“nothere413”]I’ve never had faith in the human race.

People as a whole are dumb.[/quote]

And you are a shining example of a dumb (w)hole. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Andrex”]

And you are a shining example of a dumb (w)hole. :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

You guys remember when the third grade was funny? I don’t.

The third grade was never funny, Trex. Not even in the third grade…

Silly me, being around you must devolve my brain back to that level. It won’t happen again. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have that effect on people.

I just realized my copy didn’t count towards this since I bought it this month… hopefully the game’s second month exceeds it’s launch month (has that ever happened?)

How could you put faith in that game really…you’re fucking crazy!

But it’s so good. :sad;

“Setting a record in this brand new category, the title recognizes The House of the Dead: OVERKILL as the most profane video game in history. During three hours of relatively limited dialogue, the campaign features 189 uses of the f-word, which equates to just over one per minute and three percent of all words spoken in the game.”

Yes yes that’s all well and good but unless the publicity does something it might as well be worthless…

Though if you play the game you’ll have sworn the count was higher, despite it only being like 3 hour longs. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Andrex”]Yes yes that’s all well and good but unless the publicity does something it might as well be worthless…

Though if you play the game you’ll have sworn the count was higher, despite it only being like 3 hour longs. :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

I assume you’re old enough now to buy it yourself right? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes I did. :neutral_face: Full price with mah own money.

Although it’s not like Gamespot checks how old you are. Strangely, Wal*Mart does…

Gamespot wouldn’t let me buy Oblivion. I had Jake buy it with my money.

Faith… rising above 1% for the time being:

[quote]Venture Beat: Sega is also going after the core audience with games like House of the Dead: Overkill and Mad World. How are consumers responding to those Mature-rated titles?

Sega Rep: House of the Dead has done very well and has absolutely met our expectations. The first set of data for Mad World is very encouraging, as well.[/quote]

Source.

…yay. Please give Kuju the go-ahead for a sequel, please. There’s so much potential, and Overkill has a fair share of teasers for it. If Mario Galaxy didn’t come out this generation, Overkill would be tied with Brawl and Twilight Princess for my favorite Wii game.

I’d comment on MadWorld, but the game froze on me four times and I haven’t beaten it yet because of it. I’m not going to play that damn Frank level through again until my previous memories of it have been forgotten.

I still have not picked up Madworld I need to. Does anybody think it will drop in price anytime soon?

That’s horrible to want. >_> Price drop means it’s not doing well. D:

But it may come down in two months or so.