Ever change your mind?

Have you ever gotten a game you thought you’d like, but later hated? Have you ever seen a game you swore you’d hate, but ended up liking?

I just beat RE5, and was I suprised. I honestly really liked the game, despite my constant swearing at the demo a few months back due to the controls. I got over that and actually enjoyed myself, even playing a few levels more than once.

I got Geist for the gamecube thinking the premise was just so cool. You possess people and objects as a traveling spirt, but the idea not only didn’t work and was cliched, but the game suffered from an abundance of other problems.

I thought Bioshock was overrated until I played it and then loved it <_<

I thought I WOULD like it, but I didn’t. lol.

I think the major two games that I thought I would like but ended up hating are Crisis Core and Kingdom Hearts.

And the major games I thought I’d hate but liked are Guitar Hero and Lost Magic (I got both of them as gifts.)

I thought Halo was going to suck because of all the hype around it and the fact that every FPS game since Faceball 2000 was crap.

But it actually ended up being awesome.

As for games I thought I’d like but sucked… far too many to name, unfortunately.

When I first say my friend playing fallout 3 I thought it looked horrible.

Then I rented it and became my favorite game of last year :slight_smile:

I was so excited to get a PS2 so I could get kingdom hears 1. Then when I got it I didn’t like the game. Go figure lol

I thought I’d like FF3DS but it was horrible.

I was convinced Okami was going to be the best Wii game yet but was tremendously let down.

I thought I’d like Bioshock and I hated it. Same goes for Splinter Cell Double Agent.

Wii Fit

But let me explain. Its fun for what it is, its not really a “game” per say, but it is fun…

Also: It shows that not everything on the internet is truth. Just cause everyone says a game sucks, doesn’t mean you don’t like it.

Lesson Learned.

Please elaborate as to why it was “horrible” for our audience at home.

Glitched, poorly tested, needlessly difficult, ridiculously archaic, and not up to the DS’s standards.

Well never forget…

Only .3 away :slight_smile:

Anyways I thought I’d like Soul Cailbur 4 then I realized I hate it and I’ve become an uptight snob when it comes to my 3-d fighters.

[quote=“sbf717”]Well never forget…

Only .3 away :slight_smile:

Anyways I thought I’d like Soul Cailbur 4 then I realized I hate it and I’ve become an uptight snob when it comes to my 3-d fighters.[/quote]
Being .3 away from the worst high-profile DS game is not something to be proud of.

ds has standards now?

Gamer’s expectations is what I meant, perhaps.

And hey at least it has more standards than your mom! Oooh sick nasty mctwisty iceburnination!

[quote=“Andrex”]Gamer’s expectations is what I meant, perhaps.

And hey at least it has more standards than your mom! Oooh sick nasty mctwisty iceburnination![/quote]

yeah, but hers are moderate or moderatly high . . . so . . .

[SPOILER]
UBISOLF
[/SPOILER]

I told you already… that wasn’t a glitch. In fact, there’s a way around it that isn’t very difficult. The difficulty makes it fun. If you mean it wasn’t tested by morons who shrink themselves unneededly, then, you’d be correct. In what way is it archaic? The graphics and sound are some of the DS’ best.

Halo 2.

VWAT A TWEEST!!! 0_o

[quote=“Andrex”]

I was convinced Okami was going to be the best Wii game yet but was tremendously let down.[/quote]

Why do you feel that? It’s the only version of the game that I’ve played other than the PS2 demo and I love it.

As for games I thought I would like but hated fucking mercenaries 2 got it day one thinking I would love it and just got bored of it really quick first time I can say I wasted $60.

[align=center]Disappointment[/align]

At first when Twilight Princess was in development, I thought I was going to love it. Hell, my first midnight launch with GameStop was to purchase my Wii system and a copy of Twilight Princess. I even remember sitting on my living room couch and jumping up with excitement when I first saw the trailer during X-Play’s E3 coverage. Being a big Legend of Zelda fan already, it shouldn’t be surprising to for me to naturally get antsy over the next installment to the series.

Looking back at it, I guess I made the mistake of falling into the hype. Naturally, other Legend of Zelda fans were hyping the shit out of it but the main problem was Nintendo themselves. Hearing someone directly from Nintendo say it was going to be the “best Zelda game to date” during interviews did not help with cutting down the hype. I fell into the trap of high expectations that the game itself ended up not living up to in my eyes.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good, solid game, but I don’t know…It just didn’t “wow” me like I thought it would. The wolf aspect seemed disappointing, especially after playing through and loving Okami beforehand. I know people say it gets more in-depth farther on in the game, but the truth is, I lose interest in it very quickly. The Wii controls just didn’t turn out to as cool as I thought and I don’t know how else to explain it other than I just didn’t get as pulled into the game as I was hoping.

I’ve been meaning to go back and give it a second chance, to see if maybe now I can overlook some of those expectations and get more from the game than before. But someone has my copy…

_>

[align=center]Liking[/align]

Rainbow Six: Vegas was a game…That well…At first didn’t appeal to me. I never really played or had any interest in the previous Rainbow Six titles. I do believe I may have played one back in the day on the PlayStation but I was never really into it. I remember when the demo for Vegas came out, Amaterasu and Roan were addicted to it. I ended up downloading it just so I could play with them since that was all they seemed to play for a good week or so. While going through the demo, I just wasn’t getting much of a feeling for it. It felt frustrating and difficult to get into.

The game came out and of course, both of them bought it. So I found myself getting it as well if only to play with them but then something amazing happened…I ended up loving it.

I guess I just finally got the hang of the game’s concept…It made the frustration go away and now I absolutely love Rainbow Six. I preordered Vegas 2 and am waiting for Ubisoft to announce a new one.

It horribly wasted the dual screen system, and random battles are outdated.

The game was remade for people who were already fans, and I was not. So forgive me for not bending over and taking it hard up like you have.

At first when Okami was in development for Wii, I thought I was going to love it. Hell, I started an Internet hype machine just for the game. I even remember sitting on my computer chair and jumping up with excitement when I first saw the announcement on GoNintendo. Being a big Wii fan already, it shouldn’t be surprising to for me to naturally get antsy over the next big franchise on the system.

Looking back at it, I guess I made the mistake of falling into the hype. Naturally, other Okami fans were hyping the shit out of it but the main problem was the G4 forums themselves. Hearing someone directly from G4 say it was “their favorite game” during threads on the topic did not help with cutting down the hype. I fell into the trap of high expectations that the game itself ended up not living up to in my eyes.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good, solid game, but I don’t know…It just didn’t “wow” me like I thought it would. The wolf, action-adventure, dungeon, and combat aspects seemed disappointing, especially after playing through and loving Twilight Princes beforehand. I know people say it gets more in-depth farther on in the game, but the truth is, I lose interest in it very quickly. The world, style, and characters just didn’t turn out to as cool as I thought and I don’t know how else to explain it other than I just didn’t get as pulled into the game as I was hoping.

I’ve been meaning to go back and give it a second chance, to see if maybe now I can overlook some of those expectations and get more from the game than before. But I really am not in a gaming mood…

<_<