Dual Shock still standard on PS3.

http://gizmodo.com/5279079/sony-dual-shock-still-defacto-motion-control-secondary

Well that tells me they really don’t care and it is reactionary. Oh well at least Microsoft is serious with Natal.

http://gizmodo.com/5276488/microsoft-project-natal-is-the-endgame

Last time I checked Wii Motion Plus isn’t standard on Wii so I guess that means Nintendo doesn’t care and it’s just reactionary as well.

Actually we all knew Wii Motion Plus was when Nintendo choose to announce it an HOUR before MS Press Conference last year.

[quote=“sbf717”]Last time I checked Wii Motion Plus isn’t standard on Wii so I guess that means Nintendo doesn’t care and it’s just reactionary as well.

Actually we all knew Wii Motion Plus was when Nintendo choose to announce it an HOUR before MS Press Conference last year.[/quote]

Yes Wiimotion plus is totally reactionary because they totally knew about PS3 wand when they announced it. Either way Nintendo is bundling it with third party games as well as Wii Sports they are serious. Sony’s isn’t even out yet and they are already fluffing it off thats not smart at all. If I was Sony I’d be saying I’d try to make everything work on it.

I can respect Microsoft because they do want Natal to be as big a part of Xbox 360 as possible.

Last time I checked Sony said it was a prototype aka work in progress AKA NOT EVEN CLOSE TO FINAL PRODUCT.

So judging by that it’s pretty understandable that they’re still directing software development towards using DS3.

What they showed at E3 was basically just a tease/glimpse.

You know, back in 2007, I remember a certain Mr. Phil Harrison exclaiming that the Rumble Feature of the controller was “old” and “last gen” and didn’t fit the “current standard” of the “new generation” and that “motion control” was the “TRUE” feature of the Playstation 3 controller!

Ummm call me crazy but if I’ve sold over 250 million consoles with the same basic controller I’d be pretty fucking retarded to try and suddenly say…

Nah go play with these wands instead.

Hell that’s the real reason why they threw out that original boomerang PS3 controller design.

And I think MS would be wise to make Natal a secondary interface as well especially since people claim the 360 controller is actually the best controller every made minus the shitty D-pad.

MS is putting on a show right now and they want to hype Natal alot and I think Natal is gonna be great… but what’s gonna make both Sony and MS great is that these are all COMPLEMENTS to their already great line-up of STANDARD controlling games.

Can’t say the same bout that other console though…

[quote=“sbf717”]Ummm call me crazy but if I’ve sold over 250 million consoles with the same basic controller I’d be pretty fucking retarded to try and suddenly say…

Hell that’s the real reason why they threw out that original boomerang PS3 controller design.

And I think MS would be wise to make Natal a secondary interface as well especially since people claim the 360 controller is actually the best controller every made minus the shitty D-pad.

MS is putting on a show right now and they want to hype Natal alot and I think Natal is gonna be great… but what’s gonna make both Sony and MS great is that these are all COMPLEMENTS to their already great line-up of STANDARD controlling games.

Can’t say the same bout that other console though…[/quote]

Well unless they plan to have it standard they’ll never be able to use it well at best they’ll be like all those shitty third party games that tack on motion controls as a second though. Unless they are putting this stuff in quite a few games why should anyone care. Really I’d be happy if both Microsoft and Sony started caring about Motion controls but for right now it seems like they are just trying to divert attention away from Nintendo.

[quote=“sbf717”]Ummm call me crazy but if I’ve sold over 250 million consoles with the same basic controller I’d be pretty fucking retarded to try and suddenly say…

Can’t say the same bout that other console though…[/quote]

Agreed the Wii has motion control but quality titles is another subject altogether.

So your telling me you don’t want motion controls on 360 or PS3? I think they could really benefit from it especially if its really put to use well.

I want good games first.

2006: Waggle is for babies and grandmas.
2009: OMG revolution!!

[quote=“Andrex”]2006: Waggle is for babies and grandmas.
2009: OMG revolution!![/quote]

:disgust;

[quote=“Andrex”]2006: Waggle is for babies and grandmas.

2003: Sony can do no wrong! Playstation4ever

2006: Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out

Funny how far things can shift in 3 years

[quote=“sbf717”]2003: Sony can do no wrong! Playstation4ever

2006: Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out Bail out

Funny how far things can shift in 3 years[/quote]
Or just one really lousy E3 conference.

[quote=“sbf717”]2003: Sony can do no wrong! Playstation4ever

Funny how far things can shift in 3 years[/quote]

swa?

He mad.

No I get what he means now it took a sec

Good sony is better off sticking to their controller as the main they would be wasting time trying to be just like nintendo and I don’t think people really want that.

This is the opposite of the casual shift.

Ok, so what does that mean? Well, even if you have a system that’s dominated by casual (Wii), or are aiming at casual (PS3/360) you still need to cater to core gamers. Those coments about “people who didn’t grow up using a controller might be intimidated by gaming with a controller” also work the other way around. If you’ve grown up with a dpad and analog stick it’s difficult to even think about gaming without that level of control, a level motion controls just don’t quite have yet.

I think in the time being we will end up with some combinations of the two for basic control schemes. Look at the Wii’s menu, you point but also button click. I could see Natal having a smaller palm controller with a few buttons to complement it to trigger finer things (as was explained about triggers at Sony’s conference).

[quote=“Andrex”]2006: youll look like and idiot, waveing your arms aroound like an angry spider monkey with adhd, haveing a sezure.

fixed