Do you like this forum? Why? What do want to be different?

Are you happy with the forums as they are now?

• Absolutely! I am very excited to be here.
  • It’s nice enough. I don’t put too much thought into all of it, though.
  • I have several suggestions on how to make this forum better.

0 voters

I know we already have a suggestion thread, but I just want to get your overall feeling for this forum (in addition to suggestions.)

Do you like the color scheme, or rather how it fits in with the rest of Gforum? Do you think we should have more features, like a “cash” system? Do you like the smilies I spent so long uploading and tweaking? Is it too lax here? Not lax enough? Should things be strictly split into off-topic and gaming? Do you like the forum software (vBulletin v3.7.2) it’s using? I may or may not change these based on a single post, but I do take into account all feedback.

What little tweaks here and there do you want to be on by default, for instance? It kinda drives me crazy personally when you go to a forum and it sends you an email every time you get a PM, or when it auto-subscribes you to every thread you post in. Little things like that.

So?

We need a sign up captcha.

We need to advertise a bit more.

I DO like the smilies. Especially :wink:

I really like the setup of the forum. It just seems bare without more members.

We do. They get by it though. For a while I had done what NeoGAF does, but completely forgot I needed to actually approve people manually…

Either way everything has to be done on a case-by-case basis, which is very exhausting. I’ll need to come up with a better solution soon.

That’s coming with the launch of Version 2.

:evil;

So it seems I can do something right in your eyes. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Andrex”]We do. They get by it though. For a while I had done what NeoGAF does, but completely forgot I needed to actually approve people manually…

Either way everything has to be done on a case-by-case basis, which is very exhausting. I’ll need to come up with a better solution soon.

That’s coming with the launch of Version 2.

:evil;

So it seems I can do something right in your eyes. :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

Don’t be a negative Nancy. I didn’t say anything about you being a n’er-do-well. I just said you bite off more than you can chew.

I’m not. I’m more optimistic than you know. >_>

But anyways I’m switching it back to the NeoGAF style because of all the spam.

It’s eh. Color scheme is nice.

I like the simplicity though ^_^. I assume most of that is lazyness though.

[quote=“Rawk”]It’s eh. Color scheme is nice.

I like the simplicity though ^_^. I assume most of that is lazyness though.[/quote]

Yay! :up;:cool;

Oddly enough it’s pretty tough to strike a balance between simplicity and functionality. :stuck_out_tongue: I tend to err on the side of simplicity whenever I’m in doubt though.

Simplicity rocks. That’s my general style too.

I’d go waving around some great graphics boutique to show it but I’m too lazy.

Photobucket if your interested. It’s quite cluttered though.

Nice. :up;:Q

I usually just cut and paste my sigs, then resize them. No fancy design magic. :lol

I like it because I know everyone here…I feel like I’m apart of something and that I hold some value somewhere since the rest of the world feels I’m meaningless.

As for the color scheme, it works but I’m just picky. A scheme with white as the dominant color is a bit bright and needless to say, Andrex, you blind me every time I come on here since my desktop color scheme and the schemes of the other forums I go to are all dark. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would like to see some alternatives. Maybe a scheme much like this but with darker blues? Perhaps a dark blue background with the current headers and whatnot, yet?

As for everything else, I think what we have no is fine. There’s no need to notify me about someone commenting on a thread or a PM. We all generally seem to be on at around the same times so chances are, someone will know when someone said something. The cash system is pretty stupid honestly, especially for such a small community. So if anything, just try to get more people here.

I think we need to reboot the cliques (I like that feature quite a bit), integrate our main site accounts with our forum accounts, and (once the site gets more posters) lose the hourly limit in the shoutbox.

EDIT: What is the bbcode for slash through words?

@ Kumi: There will be several skins available post-v2’s launch, but I put a lot of work into getting this one right so I could focus entirely on v2.

Version 2

Version 2

Version 2.5? Depends on if the new ads in v2 pay off. $20 a year for that though is a bit much, but I’d be happy to do it if the ads come through.

[strike] I think it’s in the sticky. >_>

Unless you perhaps make your own.

I mean, you almost had an entire forum programmed.

Ah. It is a possibility. My first iteration would be nowhere near as nice as the Shoutmix one though.

That’s not a problem. All we want is to be able to chat.

And if you could integrate it to our forum accounts like Gamelair’s is, that would just be freaking awesome.

[quote=“nothere413”]That’s not a problem. All we want is to be able to chat.

And if you could integrate it to our forum accounts like Gamelair’s is, that would just be freaking awesome.[/quote]

Integration is the name of my game. :stuck_out_tongue:

Categories!

This forum needs some categories to organize it because there’s some non-gaming topics I want to talk about abut I feel weird just throwing them into the pile. Maybe not at this moment…but when activity picks up you might want to consider it.

[quote=“Kumiko”]Categories!

This forum needs some categories to organize it because there’s some non-gaming topics I want to talk about abut I feel weird just throwing them into the pile. Maybe not at this moment…but when activity picks up you might want to consider it.[/quote]

I like NeoGaf’s “Gaming. Off Topic” set up. That could work.

Integration is the name of my game. :mad;

YOU’RE A POET AND YOU DIDN’T EVEN REALIZE IT!