CRACKDOWN 2 Announced

E3 is over you can all go home now. Really though I can not wait I loved the first one and now that they are adding big ass monsters that hunt you down and shit its going to be even more fun. I can see it now me taking out gangs with 3 other people then BAM out of no where we are all jumping from rooftop to rooftop from some horrid creature…its going to be sex people…sex.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/02/the-agency-is-recruiting-again-first-crackdown-2-trailer/

Anybody else a big fan of the first Crackdown?

Certainly took you long enough for a thread…

I thought one was made already…oh well. It needed to be made I screamed when I saw to logo…people looked at me <_<

Yeah.

If they fix all the problems of the first one (like finishing the game before putting it out) that might help.

I did have fun with it, for about 10 hours, then it was just like drilling holes in my head to keep playing.

[quote=“Asrugan”]Yeah.

If they fix all the problems of the first one (like finishing the game before putting it out) that might help.

I did have fun with it, for about 10 hours, then it was just like drilling holes in my head to keep playing.[/quote]

The co-op kept it fresh for me. Looks like there will be 4 player co-op in this so I’m not going to be bored with it for a while.

I maxed my skills pretty quick, and the ability to skip bosses let me beat Wu (I belive his name was) first, on my second try, without touching his gang.

Oh, and the plot was beyond weak.

I don’t totally blame the devs, they were forced to rush the game out thanks to Halo 3’s beta. I just want to see this one finished first.

Crackdown 2 will be a much more finished polished experience.

And you know this because?

No Halo beta packed in. Its not shipping this year.

Yeah, you’re right, Halo 3: ODST will be the rushed title this year (thanks alot Halo: Reach)

Like taking things out of context much?

FUCK YEAH!!!

The first game was ludicrously good (one of the few games I rushed to the store and bought immediately after playing the demo), so I am extremely excited about this second entry.

As far as the (first) game being “finished” is concerned, it played really well and was very fun and addictive (definiely lived up to being CRACKdown). Yes, it was short, but I was having a blast the whole time I was playing.

This second game can only get better…

My only question about this is the developer. Who the hell is Ruffian? I’m sure they’ll do a good job being uder MS’s green light of guidance but I would like to know a little more about them (like if there are any members there from other more prominent and acclaimed studios)…

Ruffian is a Scotland-based studio with ex Realtime Worlds staffers.

Yes I do enjoy the pros and cons of text, and all it’s many uses.

(seriously though, the whole thing about Crackdown being rushed out just to get Halo 3 BETA out “on time” bugged the hell out of me, and had I been a dev on Crackdown I would have been hella pissed)

To this day, Crackdown reminds me of nothing more than Hulk Ultimate Destruction, with guns. That’s not a terrible thing, Hulk was fun, but jumping from building to building just got old after a while (and not a long while).