Competitive/Advanced Gaming Discussion

Capcom is “looking into” adding an arcade mode. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Considering it bombed in UK and Steam that probably has something to do with it.

boggles my mind how the most basic mode is not part of the game…

evo.shoryuken.com/additional-rules/

Evo rules for Smash 4 (and Melee) released!

2 stock, 6 minutes, Mii’s locked at 1111, no custom moves or equipment.

Starter Stages: Battlefield (Miiverse), Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Town & City

Counterpick Stages: Dream Land 64, Duck Hunt

All Omega stages are banned.

Biggest surprise seems to be Dream Land not being a starter and Umbra Tower not making it.

Decided to gut out my fightstick because the vessel in which it was in was pretty beat up. I gave it a new home.

Works great. Got sloppy on the start/select buttons though, not straight…blehhh. Gonna paint it next.

[quote=“Zetsuei”]Decided to gut out my fightstick because the vessel in which it was in was pretty beat up. I gave it a new home.

Works great. Got sloppy on the start/select buttons though, not straight…blehhh. Gonna paint it next.[/quote]

Impressive.

[quote=“Zetsuei”]Decided to gut out my fightstick because the vessel in which it was in was pretty beat up. I gave it a new home.

Works great. Got sloppy on the start/select buttons though, not straight…blehhh. Gonna paint it next.[/quote]
That’s cool. Kinda wish I knew carpentry so I could build something like this.

Also, I might be going to that scene I’ve talked about tomorrow. Depends on how well I end up feeling. (If not, there’s always next month.)

[youtube]GaOzON5epL4[/youtube]

That’s not the actual Wolfkrone, but that rank is still high enough for this not to be ignored.

[quote=“sixsicksixes”][youtube]GaOzON5epL4[/youtube]

That’s not the actual Wolfkrone, but that rank is still high enough for this not to be ignored.[/quote]

Lol wow. Probably quits every time he’s going to lose

So I decided not to go today. I’ve been encouraged by some to go though, and I’ll definitely try to go next month.

Until then, more grinding with the arcade stick. I watched Gootecks’ video on how to utilize it. I think I’m going to his advice and try to stop using my thumb for the lower buttons. I tried it and it definitely put less strain on my hand.

Oh, by the way, Street Fighter V broke 3K on entrants at Evo.

I need to watch the Top 8s for the other tournaments at Winter Brawl X. I’m watching Street Fighter V right now.

[youtube]uZ7M7wGYFzw[/youtube]

^^haha. thats basically my skill level

[youtube]LhK8Sv68pqE[/youtube]

#dead

[youtube]OCTe7H4RnuU[/youtube]

I need to practice that ball setup.

SOOOOOO fucking glorious!

Does this impress anyone else?

[youtube]yveLaWgBTdk[/youtube]

[youtube]rs-g-tyd1KQ[/youtube]

Grand Finals for the Smash 4 tournament at Winter Brawl X. Ends in the glorious gaming mascot rivalry of 1991.

[quote=“NorthStarKen”]SOOOOOO fucking glorious!

Does this impress anyone else?

[youtube]yveLaWgBTdk[/youtube][/quote]

It looks okay I guess. I’ll check it out when it hits.

how do people play at such a high level

Years of practice and experience, pretty much.