Competitive/Advanced Gaming Discussion

I really wish they would release a Project Justice port for download. Would be huge to me, I love that so much on Dreamcast.

[youtube]eFefc1h-jwE[/youtube]

Alex is a beast. I have been watching that original Rise Up announcement trailer at Playstation. Very inspiring.

You know, I saw a tweet saying that there are more games with Pikachu in them at Evo 2016 then there are with Akuma. I thought that was wrong, but then I forgot Street Fighter IV isn’t there. lol

Do you guys play with a fight stick?

I haven’t for a while honestly. Mostly because while the one I have was decent for the time, I’ve grown to hate the build quality. I did just order a Hori RAP 4 Kai though. I do want to try to use that and my NES Advantage to get used to using an arcade stick faster.

No but I always wanted to, just didn’t want to pay lol I guess I am too cheap for one.

Welp. I’ve gone and done it. I just bought Street Fighter V on Steam.

For $45.

Mine was $100 and I was just talking about being cheap. Oh the irony.

[quote=“NorthStarKen”]

No but I always wanted to, just didn’t want to pay lol I guess I am too cheap for one.[/quote]

They can be really pricey. The madcatz ones are like $200+.

So that scene I tried going to… I asked if they played Guilty Gear, and they said no. So I thought I might as well not go, but it turns out they do play it, but they don’t hold tournaments for it (which I wasn’t expecting them to anyway, as long as people are playing it.) So I think I’ll try again to go there.

Maybe I’ll play Smash 4 there too. Depends on how it looks like people play it there.

Also, I think I’m more comfortable using a stick on a table than on my lap or the floor. I looked into it, and it looks like tournaments allow tables to be used as long as you provide your own.

[quote=“Zetsuei”]

They can be really pricey. The madcatz ones are like $200+.[/quote]

Another thing is I am a tad worried they won’t work out. That I will suck with it and/or not get the hang of using it.

Jesus SFV sounds terrible and barebones at launch. Also hearing of framedrops in PS4 offline versus. Pretty clear Capcom rushed this out the door for dat #ESPORTS cash.

goes back to playing Smash with its massive amounts of content

[quote=“NorthStarKen”]

Another thing is I am a tad worried they won’t work out. That I will suck with it and/or not get the hang of using it.[/quote]

It made it slightly easier to pull off moves but I still sucked lol

[quote=“Andrex”]

goes back to playing Smash with its massive amounts of content[/quote]

Which one? Your Wii U ($59.99) or 3DS (39.99) version? ($100) Or how about the DLC characters? ($6.99, $4.99 a pop)

If Smash Bros. had SFV’s model you could earn all the characters and stages with in-game Fight Money. Think of it like your trophy rush coins.

I mean that comparison holds water until you realize base game Smash 4 had 51 characters at launch for either version (SFV is pretty close to Smash 64’s amount, actually), both versions featured different but still more-robust single-player campaigns than SFV, and Smash 4’s online has spectator mode…

Also, it’s disingenuous to try and say you need both versions, lol. That’s like saying you need to buy the PC ($60) and PS4 ($60) of SFV ($$$$$120.)

Also Smash 4 doesn’t have frame drops in ANY scenario, despite the 3DS version being on sub-GameCube hardware and the Wii U version supporting 8 players playing at the same time: reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/ … 4_version/

But go ahead, try and convince me SFV wasn’t rushed out the door WAY before it was ready. And then try to compare it to Smash 4 again. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Andrex”]I mean that comparison holds water until you realize base game Smash 4 had 51 characters at launch for either version (SFV is pretty close to Smash 64’s amount, actually), both versions featured different but still more-robust single-player campaigns than SFV, and Smash 4’s online has spectator mode…

Also, it’s disingenuous to try and say you need both versions, lol. That’s like saying you need to buy the PC ($60) and PS4 ($60) of SFV ($$$$$120.)[/quote]

I was just ruffling your feathers lol

Street Fighter will getting a lot in March and a hopefully MKX-type story in June. I’m fine with the wait personally cause it’s Street Fighter and as I said I don’t really play online. The only thing I don’t like is the store isn’t ready at launch. I can unlock costumes to buy but not be able to buy them yet LOL

:lol Sorry went off the deep end.

Anyways I’m interested in seeing what they do with the story mode. That’s a SF first right?

Don’t know why people complain about roster sizes in this day and age. I can understand a character you like not being in a reason to not play it, but I don’t see small rosters that big of a problem.