Comics ✪

Been reading some X-Men since Bendis is gone and done destroying them.

Tom Taylor’s All-New Wolverine run is incredible. Laura Kinney and her young clone Gabby “Honeybadger” are great characters. And don’t forget their pet wolverine Jonathan.

Oh my god drusilla honey what did they do to you

I feel like they keep going in circles.

New 52: “Too much editorial control, too little for creators”
DCYOU: “There was too much creativity and not enough consistency across the brand”

Then after DCYOU failed they reigned everything back in. Then they decided to reverse again with Rebirth.

And now that the post-“reboot” sales bump is over, they’re going back to their old lines. “There’s too much creativity and not enough consistency.” And on top of that they’re backpedaling hardcore on DC Black being “almost entirely creator controlled!! You’ll see so much R rated shit!!!” Unless it’s a dick apparently.

Grow a spine DiDio. Or resign and let someone with good taste take over. Like Johns.

1 Like

Yeah he is one of the worst execs in a company that for some reason just still remains in the position. Pitiful.

1 Like

Picked up Ed Brubaker’s original graphic novel “My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies” and Donny Cates’ Venom vol. 1, I hear it is great. Trying Wolverines vol. 1 on clearance.

Been reading X-Men Blue and it is is pretty riveting, surprisingly impressed.

@Andrew

Did you read the whole series of Descender? I think you read some, correct? I ordered a deluxe edition hardcover that includes the first three volumes (16 issues). I hope it is as good as I hear.

Edit: Been reading Nick Spencer’s run on Amazing Spider-man and it is fantastic. Easily the best Spencer book I ever read.

Oh man I love that artist so much, yeah I definitely need to pick it up.

Anyways:

Glad younger kids are getting a dose of seemingly “good” DC, though I have to chuckle: the real Damian would definitely cringe and possibly kill at the thought of being called “Ian.” :lol:

1 Like

Dan Slott’s first Fantastic Four trade is finally out. Finally they are back, but not in issue 1 lol Also picked up Justice League Dark by Tynion. GREAT line up of leaguers.

Doomsday Clock is awesome, feels like it’s carrying forward a lot of Johns’ themes from Infinite Crisis which is best crisis. :heartbeat:

1 Like

Tom King is finally getting off the main Batman title, YES!!!

Meh. He’s hit and miss.

When the fuck is Bendis getting off Superman :disgust:

Not sure. I heard it hasn’t been too bad aside from what he did to Jon. He better not go near Batman now lol

King fucking sucks at Batman imo. His Vision series is great and I hear Mr. Miracle is good but Batman’s dialogue and actions are not true to the character to me. It’s embarrassing. I would chose Paul Dini or Tom Taylor if I could pick prob.

Batman: Three Jokers is half done.

He is a top-tier artist though, so it should be an insanely gorgeous book.

1 Like

Non-Bendis Jon :sob:

1 Like

I have been reading Nightwing from 1995-96 when he first took the mantle and struck out on his own. It is written pretty good but the art ink is kinda yellowy and weird. I am enjoying it but it would benefit from a better artist. The legend Denny O’Neill wrote the first arc and Chuck Dixon took over.

I also plan to read Stephanie Brown Batgirl and Batman The Long Halloween soon. Also Jim Balent’s Catwoman. I am all about pre-new52 and rebirth. I’m totally over it and going to the classics.

I know exactly what you’re talking about. I picked up the first three volumes of Nightwing last year and felt the same way about the art once the regular series kicked in. And now that I think about it, I don’t know where I put volume 2. I see vol 1 and 3 right here.

If you’ve never read Gotham Central, give it a whirl. Fantastic series.

1 Like

I read about two volumes of Gotham Central. I would like to get the rest.

Does the Nightwing art change throughout the three volumes or stay yellow? Lol

Oh good, just when I had gotten used to things.

Finished Rightwing vol. 1. The yellow grew on me lol There was a really cool, chapter/issue where Tim Drake came to visit Dick in Bludhaven.