Bye Bye PS3

I finally did it yesterday, sold my PS3 for $250. I wanted to move on this before E3, incase anything price changing or system changing is announced. If not, I’ll prolly be replacing the system the third week of June.

Lol. If there is a new PS3 I will sell mine as well thought shit is so big, and heavy.

You didn’t sell one with backwards compatability, did you?

Nope, in fact, that’s one of the biggest things that has ticked me off about the PS3. I even went and bought Kingdom Hearts when they announced the PS3 would be backwards compatible. Now it collects dust on my shelf (never owned a PS2, never will).

This was a 40 gb model bought on ebay for 350 including hdmi/optical cables, second controller, Spiderman 3, and Army of Two. It cost me 350 bucks plus 30 shipping, and worked fine for about 6 months before it started to get noisier. I had it a little more than a year now, and it’s just gotten louder and louder, until when it’s been running a bit it’s so loud it’s hard not to notice it while playing movies (the main thing I use my PS3 for). So I sold the console, it’s basic hook ups (kept the hdmi and optical cables) and one controller for 250 to a guy from my work who like to work on stuff like that. I also sold this same guy my old 360 pro system, before I got my elite.

I’ll get a new PS3 after E3, how long after depends on what/if they announce anything. I’ll probably just get a 80 gb system (I can’t see spending 499 on a Drake’s system, even though I want the game).

I would have waited untill after E3.

See though, after E3 I might have gotten less if a price cut or anything is announced. The best other offer I could get was from the local games shop which offered 220 in trade value.

D’oh!

Knowing Sony, they’re just going to pull some feature out of whatever new version gets released anyway.

[quote=“spooie”]D’oh!

Knowing Sony, they’re just going to pull some feature out of whatever new version gets released anyway.[/quote]

I still think a completely Backwards Compatible version will be out one day.

Or at least a thing you can Download on the Store that allows for more software emulation.

[quote=“nothere413”]I still think a completely Backwards Compatible version will be out one day.

Or at least a thing you can Download on the Store that allows for more software emulation.[/quote]

Lets all hope for it.

More like… something you can download to play the PS2 games on your PS3… actual downloadable PS2 games, for $15 a pop.

You know it’s coming.

I can pretty much guarantee you the reason they stopped putting hardware PS2 BC into the PS3 is because they are working on a software BC solution (that will be withheld until PS2’s sales slow to a low enough level) and not just cost issues. I just wish it would happen sooner than later. I mean, it’s in thier own best interest to boost PS3 sales by getting PS2 owner to switch (before all thse PS2 owners go 360 or Wii), yet they keep on with giving so much support to the PS2 at the expense of the PS3.