Back when [Adult Swim] was cool...

Ok. This is the thread where we name our favorite AS shows from Christmas past and remember how awesome it used to be.

Home Movies
Perfect Hair Forever
Cartoon Planet
Mission Hill
The Big O
The Oblongs
Yu Yu Hakusho
Tenchi Muyo!
Futurama

AS used to rock…

All I ever watch nowadays is Tim and Eric.

But Tim and Eric is the worst show they have now, by far.

I’m just pissed they advertise the hell out of their Anime Saturdays, but the actual anime doesn’t start until 1:00! It was bad enough when Toonami died.

Anime on AS sucks anyway.

Also The Venture Bros. is a decent show. Personally I really only watch Boomerang and the occasional G4. T.V. aint my thang.

[quote=“Rawk”]Anime on AS sucks anyway.

Also The Venture Bros. is a decent show. Personally I really only watch Boomerang and the occasional G4. T.V. aint my thang.[/quote]

True that on all counts. Geass is pretty bad, Bleach is downright horrible, and I forget what other stuff they’re airing now in lieu of actual good anime (and I’m not talking about the dubs, they’re usually serviceable or good).

AS has such a great catalog of anime, I wonder why they don’t use it.

• Full Metal Alchemist
  • YuYu Hakasho
  • Big O
  • FLCL
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Case Closed
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Paranoia Agent
  • s-CRY-ed (it’s bad but I like it)
  • Trigun (the last time they aired this was like in 2002)

We get Death Note, GITS, Shin Chan, and Inuyasha eps but only early in the morning, and they’re all repeats.

You’re also right about the Venture Bros., best show they’re airing new episodes of. I also like Robot Chicken but the quality varies wildly from ep to ep.

Tim and Eric is a love/hate show.

Oh, and you didn’t put Tenchi Muyo in your list of good anime.

Yeah, all good anime that AS has aired. But the dubs were downright horrible XD.

I prefer subs over dubs any day, just like any good fan.

[quote=“Rawk”]Yeah, all good anime that AS has aired. But the dubs were downright horrible XD.

I prefer subs over dubs any day, just like any good fan.[/quote]

Meh. I don’t like the really bad ones, but I’m just fine with most dubs. Seeing as how we don’t speak Japanese, for all we know they’re terrible voice actors as well.

[quote=“nothere413”]Tim and Eric is a love/hate show.

Oh, and you didn’t put Tenchi Muyo in your list of good anime.[/quote]

I remember watching a lot of eps of it back when it was on Toonami but I barely remember any of it.

[quote=“Rawk”]Yeah, all good anime that AS has aired. But the dubs were downright horrible XD.

I prefer subs over dubs any day, just like any good fan.[/quote]

I feel some dubs have surpassed their originals (not just talking about AS here): .hack//SIGN, Hellsing, FMA, and FLCL all come to mind.

Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of bad dubbing jobs, but you can’t be self-righteous and discredit them automatically.

Ah yes…[Adult Swim] was cool up until I started to watch it regularly…

Now it’s just background noise.

save for robot chicken, aqua teen, sea lab or the boonducks(if that counts) i cant think of a single AS show that id even use as back ground noise . . . the the thought of my tv being on and tuned to that chanel when squidables is on disgust me . . . seriously, it does :confused:

Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Sealab 2021
Futurama
Robot Chicken
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Fullmetal Alchemist
Death Note

Cartoon Planet was on Adult Swim?

[quote=“sixsicksixes”]Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Sealab 2021
Futurama
Robot Chicken
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Fullmetal Alchemist
Death Note

Cartoon Planet was on Adult Swim?[/quote]

For awhile it was. It was mostly just on regular Cartoon Network, though…

Yeah, I already knew that. My family and I used to watch that and Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast all the time when I was little.

WTF. How can you hate on Tim and Eric. Delocated is genius. Tom goes to the mayor is classic. Everybody loves ATHF. Xavier Renegade Angel is a trip but is still hilarious! I do miss some of the older shows though. The anime though Im glad that they pushed it off until Fri/sat cause that shit was killing me. I do think King of The Hill needs to go though. But for the most part it is what it is. If your looking for anime its obvious now AS is not focusing on that so give up the grudge and if you dont find the shows that run now on AS, all I can say is lighten up.

Even the most run of the mill anime is better than all the shows in your post combined. >_>

What do we see more of on adult swim the shows in my post or anime. <_<

Moronic shows for morons/stoners instead of boring J-shows for weeaboos. >_>

Being a slight weeaboo and not a stoner I obviously take offense to the new lineup. :disgust;

Adult Swim just doesn’t know how to market most of the anime they show. Like when they brought over Moribito they stuck it in the latest time slot (1:30) and didn’t advertise it at all, then complained how no one watches their new shows…

Also if I listed my shows it would probably just be a huge repeat of all the shows listed but one stands out is FLCL which I saw before I was even a teenager and loved everything about it despite not understanding it at all.

lol furri kurri

Don’t watch anime on AS…

The only anime I am happy was aired on AS was FMA because that was when I first heard of it as a kid. Otherwise I wouldn’t have seen, IMO, the best action anime out there.

Rest of the anime is better on the webz

Heresy. :frown;

Anyway, Anime used to be better, but what can you do?

(Tip: :wine; :gift;)