Animation Corner

I finished Assassination Classroom.

Oh snap newest episode of Overlord reminded you he’s actually pretty messed up.

HD remaster…

I’m trying to make myself feel better by watching Nichijou.

This was the most shitpostinest anime ever made until Pop Team Epic dethroned it.

I’ve been watching the twitch marathon of the Pokemon anime, and while I wouldn’t say it’s any good, it’s very nostalgic for me so I’ve been enjoying it. The show actually has a great sense of adventure with all the traveling Ash and co do. All the lame fake towns and stupid characters they meet along the way make the world more fun. Like the episode stories aren’t any good but every once in awhile there’s one that’s just so stupid that it’s actually great. The bad puns and weird localization changes that 4kids made just add to the charm. Also the redone game music is beautiful.

I don’t think I’ve watched these old eps since I was a kid and the show doesn’t hold up at all but that’s kinda why I like it. That’s how I feel about the old ninja turtles cartoon too and I love watching that.

I’ll probably catch random episodes here and there through the Johto seasons. I never got to see many of the episodes from those seasons as I had a hard time getting up early in the morning to watch them when i was a kid.

WELP

bisexgum

Watched season 1 of My Hero Academia for the first time and HOLY SHIT is it incredible. Top-tier. Can’t praise it enough. First anime I cared about to bother binging in years. Hopefully it keeps the momentum in later seasons.

Its good.

Another awesome one is Overlord

Some from next season that should be good

Sequels

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind
Toaru Majutsu no Index III
FLCL Alternative
Golden Kamuy 2nd Season
Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season

New Series

Goblin Slayer
Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken
Hinomaru Zumou
RErideD: Toki Koe no Derrida
Double Decker! Doug & Kirill
Zombieland Saga
Ulysses: Jeanne d’Arc to Renkin no Kishi
Radiant
SSSS.Gridman
Karakuri Circus
Gaikotsu Shotenin Honda-san
Akanesasu Shoujo

I was gonna say I’d need 50 eps minimum before tackling a new series but I see MHA has passed that point, so I’m queuing it up.

Hero Academia is definitely good.

I am a snob who mainly likes oldschool hand drawn animation. Hardly ever like anything new but MHA is done right and the dub is spectacular imo.

When I was younger I liked Bleach until after Aizen left, (3rd season-esque) then it was basically mostly filler nonsense.

Glad to see ya again, Urameshi.

As a reminder, FLCL Alternative starts tonight in the 11:30e timeslot.

Thank you! I still need to watch the other. I have them all on the dvr.

Waiting for My Hero is killing me. Why does anime have to be so expensive to buy?! :sob:

If you are willing to watch it sub Crunchyroll has it.

Yeah they all look super tall. There was another thing like this for Jotaro from Jojo’s bizarre Adventure. Where he’s supposed to be a high school kid but looks huge. Too bad I can’t find the picture.

Yeah. I really am in love with the dub though. Might try to find season 2 cheap on Ebay. What sucks is they split it into two parts and include both blu rays and dvds which prob adds to the cost lol I will go to Crunchyroll if I am desperate and develop more of a crack-like addiction for it lol

BTW there’s a season 3 airing right now. Also yeah its a bummer that some shows seems to be splitting into smaller seasons now.

I don’t know if they do it to sell two parts instead of one to get more money or what. The live action show Outlander’s season 1 is in two parts on video but I think it is because there was a legitimate gap when they greenlighted the second half of the season after it did well.

I think its more because its easier to cut shows if they don’t succeed.