Animation Corner

The loss of the GForum Anime corner has been hitting me hard, and I need a place to talk about cartoons as I watch them. If I don’t have that place I won’t watch as many cartoons, and I can’t have that. For that reason I want this to be that place to talk about whatever you are watching that uses a series artificially created images to create the illusion of movement

As of right now I don’t have much to say. I’m waiting on The Legend of Korra Book 3 and the fourth season of The Boondocks. I finished watching Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. It is obnoxious.

Just found out Adult Swim confirmed The Boondocks will premier April 21… if it’s real and [AS] isn’t lying. It seems to be legit.
[youtube]tLK_wz9l-Zo[/youtube]

Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god I did not know!

Is Boondocks really coming back?!

I’ve been without tv this past year so I know nothing! Oh my god!

Nostalgic feels of yore!

It’s like one of the originals. Takes me back to when Full Metal Alchemist was Brand New.

How long has it been since Season 3? They keep saying every Season is the last then they keep going!

I can’t miss this. But I will… :frowning:

What else is AdultSwim airing? Bleach still on? I miss Saturday Night Animes so much.

Well if you want to watch anime online there is

Crunchyroll

Hulu

Funimation

Also here’s how the Japanese shows are looking

Chart

Continuing

Hunter X Hunter
Yowamushi Pedal
Ace of Diamond
One Piece

Some promising shows upcoming in spring 2014

Sequel

Jojo’s Bizzare Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Fairy Tail
Soul Eater Not
Dragon Ball Z Kai Buu Saga

New shows

Black Bullet
Captain Earth
Gokukoku No Brynhildr
Haikyuu!!
Akuma No Riddle
Hitsugi No Chaika
Mahouka Koukou Rettousei
No Game No Life
Sidonia No Kishi
Selector Infected Wixoss
Break Blade
Kindaichi Shonen No Jikenbo

If you are flexible on genres here’s some other potential good stuff

Mekaku City Actors
Ryuugajou Nanana No Maizokuin
Ping Pong: The Animation
Baby Steps
Isshuukan Friends.
Bokura Wa Minna Kawaisou
Kanojo Ga Flag Wo Oraretara
Kenzen Robo Daimidaler

[quote=“Giggler”]Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god I did not know!

Is Boondocks really coming back?!

I’ve been without tv this past year so I know nothing! Oh my god!

Nostalgic feels of yore!

It’s like one of the originals. Takes me back to when Full Metal Alchemist was Brand New.

How long has it been since Season 3? They keep saying every Season is the last then they keep going![/quote]

1. That was six years ago. They also say their working on a movie that’ll be released around 2020 as a joke.

Toonami has never been better.

11:30- Space Dandy World Premier
12:00- Bleach almost on its last Anime story arc.
12:30- Naruto Shippuden Uncut
01:00- One Piece
01:30- Blue Exorcist
02:00- Soul Eater
02:30- Naruto Uncut
03:00- Ghost in the Shell
03:30- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
04:00- Samurai Jack
04:30- IGPX
05:00- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
05:30- Inuyasha

And they are constantly cycling through new series and old favorites. Cowboy Bebop, Big O, FLCL, ThunderCats 2011, Symbionic Titan, Sword Art Online, and Eureka Seven have all been on recently

Black Lagoon is premiering in March.

Great idea, Timmy.

Well…i’m looking forward to Clarence

youtube.com/watch?v=RdLvd1p74yM

It may be the closest to thing to a slice of life not from japan

[quote=“knuclear200x”]Well…i’m looking forward to Clarence

youtube.com/watch?v=RdLvd1p74yM

It may be the closest to thing to a slice of life not from japan[/quote]

That doesn’t look awful, but it doesn’t look like it’s doing anything Gumball, and Steven Universe don’t already do.

[quote=“EpicFinale722”]

That doesn’t look awful, but it doesn’t look like it’s doing anything Gumball, and Steven Universe don’t already do.[/quote]

It’s supposed to be minus the magic and monsters/gumball characters, which will either be a good or bad thing and hopefully not the latter.

oh yeah, and i hope to see more Sonic Boom between now and the fall.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dm-AFKUmFw

I really need to catch up Archer cuz I miss like, 3 seasons so far behind. I got the first and second seasons on DVD and seen it already. Now this year (Or last year, wasn’t it?) is the new season of Archer. Same goes for Venture Bros.

Also, all you guys should watch Rick & Morty. My God, this show.

It is a special kind of crazy.

Soul Eater Sequel! Oh $h#t!
We finally got Naruto Shippuden all grown up! Oh $h#t!
Still re-playing IGPX! Oh $h#t!

Did they at least finish airing the original Naruto first before airing Shippuden? When did they start?

TEARSTEARSTEARS! :frowning:

[quote=“Giggler”]Soul Eater Sequel! Oh $h#t!
We finally got Naruto Shippuden all grown up! Oh $h#t!
Still re-playing IGPX! Oh $h#t!

Did they at least finish airing the original Naruto first before airing Shippuden? When did they start?

TEARSTEARSTEARS! :frowning:[/quote]

I don’t know if they ever finished the original Naruto. I know they got to the filler hell back on it’s original run and I don’t care about that. Naruto Shippuden began in January after the december Month of movies which replaced the line up with Akira, Summer Ware, Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shambala, and Trigun Badlands Rumble.

Also, Soul Eater Spin off It begins when Sid was human and Medusa is still a DWMA Nurse.

Soul Eater spinoff sounds good as well as FMA: TCoS.

Honestly can’t get into Space Dandy so far, watched every episode since it started and still meh for me.

Don’t expect Soul Eater. Soul Eater Not is kinda like a cross between Soul Eater and Lucky Star. I’ve read the first 13 or so chapters of the Manga. The third and youngest Gorgon sister, Shaula, makes her appearance as the main antagonist (so far). Soul Eater Not is this slice of life series about a group of freshmen girls getting used to school life while Shaula is doing mysterious evil things in the background. Shaula will definitely become more active though.

At the very least it looks pretty.

Two episodes in and I’m sold on Blue Exorcist.

I have Crunchyroll now so I’m looking into their lineup of shows. But right now the shows I watch are…

Archer
Log Horizon
Sword Art Online
Attack on Titan
The Legend of Korra

Shows I’m currently watching:

Kill La Kill
Magi: Kingdom of Magic
Archer
Space Dandy

Samurai Flamenco is also on my queue, but I haven’t seen any episodes since it took a break around New Years.

Archer ftw

Archer has a very special place in my heart, right next to Arrested Development.

Well I’ve been enjoying it. If you haven’t watched since episode 10 it gets really nutty.