11 Year Old Kid "Prodigy" Stereotype disrespects video games.

11-Year-Old College Graduate Says Video Games Are A ‘Waste Of Time’:
Boy genius says games are not helping humanity

Yet disrespecting video games is not helping humanity either. Give this kid a copy of Mass Effect and have Dr. Ray Muzyka next to him! We will make him cool!!!

Opinion is an opinion but an opinion with an unreasonable view(s) is a bad opinion; and it’s the latter.

Oh yeah, Life With PlayStation; not really a video game but hell, some of us want to contribute to science!

[quote=“The Phantomnaut”]11-Year-Old College Graduate Says Video Games Are A ‘Waste Of Time’:
Boy genius says games are not helping humanity

Yet disrespecting video games is not helping humanity either. Give this kid a copy of Mass Effect and have Dr. Ray Muzyka next to him! We will make him cool!!!

Opinion is an opinion but an opinion with an unreasonable view(s) is a bad opinion; and it’s the latter.

Oh yeah, Life With PlayStation.[/quote]

Sounds like he just doesn’t like entertainment as whole because none of them help humanity either.

This kid better cure cancer or something then if he finished college at 11.

Also sleeping, eating, breathing, living, la dee da… Fuck he is going to do a whole years worth for martial arts, that’s helping humanity.

I just feel that his view is very narrow and he is seemingly unwilling to look closer.

Associates degree.

You should all feel ashamed of yourselves for talking shit about an 11 year old over the internet for an overgeneralized statement that most people his age make. HE IS 11! And he has made a great accomplishment with his community college and if you knock on community college then your a dick. So what he says video games don’t change the world. So what why is this even thread worthy?

Well my intention wasn’t to make fun of him but to react to his generalized statement in a reasonable form because a sort of an immature thing to come out of a “prodigy”; for his “success” he should respect the medium which I don’t really identify. Yes it’s general but that’s why I reacted with the narrow belief.

Kid needs to be dropped off in the Manga section :confused:

[SPOILER]Been a while since I used that one D=[/SPOILER]

Ehhh… fuck 'im.

Can’t we all just stick to bitchin about imaginary kids? (milo?)

Dude the kids balls aint dropped yet and your calling him immature?? Damn mane this kid is going to jump light years over your head in intelligence so I guess your trying to get your shot in while he is at your lvl. Seriously ppl dont know when to just let others enjoy what themselfs the way they want…He doesnt like video games whoopie friggin do! Damn ppl grow up and just let the kid be happy.

He says that video games won’t help humanity and we all know that he won’t.

No, I don’t mock him. If anything, I kind of pity him.

Honestly I’m sure the kid probably never really had a childhood. You know, those few years of bliss where it was ok to think of nothing, just sit around and watch cartoons, play games…You know, just have fun.

I don’t doubt that he’s extremely intelligent and choose to do some of this himself but apart of me wonders how much pressure his family put him under. I can’t stop wondering how many hours he spent studying or doing school work over being a kid…

[quote=“Kumiko”]No, I don’t mock him. If anything, I kind of pity him.

Honestly I’m sure the kid probably never really had a childhood. You know, those few years of bliss where it was ok to think of nothing, just sit around and watch cartoons, play games…You know, just have fun.

I don’t doubt that he’s extremely intelligent and choose to do some of this himself but apart of me wonders how much pressure his family put him under. I can’t stop wondering how many hours he spent studying or doing school work over being a kid…[/quote]

Some people see past being a kid.

Right…

with chad in this thread, i can only see this statement being about pedophiles . . .

Age Ain’t Nothing But A Number

[SPOILER]But srsly I want to stab you >_>[/SPOILER]

Most kids like this get steered down a pretty narrow path, usually following the exact beliefs of the parents. Wait til he’s a little older and actually leaves home for any length of time and see’s the world outside his bubble.

It’s what we call “W” syndrome, being feed very select information and living in a bubble of said information without a clue about what’s hapening in the outside world.

But you can’t count on puberty. I am fine if he says so and I will respect that far but it’s his reason that seems so unreasonable and unclear especially due to his prodigal status; kid and all but he should be intelligent enough to not even have a vague reason. But he might not even learned about respect outside his family.

Good for him that he is intelligent and all but this is real fucking life, respect is a field. Excuse me with my barely humorous statement.

So?

I wish I had that feeling but I am too serious. :slight_smile: